2 replies to this topic

#1 MistyRG

MistyRG

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

I read on the University of Chicago website about what you should be tested for each year after diagnosis. My doctor isn't very knowledgeable on Celiac, and I am coming up on 2 years since diagnosis. At my last appointment (which was the first since diagnosis), I asked her to run the testing again to see if my numbers look good. She ran a "Celiac Panel" (all the lab slip said), and when they called me with the results, they said it was negative and to keep doing what I'm doing. I don't have the report in hand yet, but I wanted to see if anyone knows if this is good news . . . or really no indicator?

I have been gluten-free for almost 2 years, but my family (husband and 5 kids) still consumes some gluten in the house. I am always worried about CC or the goldfish kisses from my kids!!! We eat out a few times a month, and, well, you can never be sure there!!! I just wanted to make sure I was definitely on the right track and healing.

Thanks!!

4/2012 - Odd rash appears
5/2012 - 3 out of 5 positives on Celiac blood panel
5/2012 - Skin biopsy - negative for DH - possible lupus???
6/2102 - Intestinal biopsy - positive
Gluten free since 6/2012

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 moosemalibu

moosemalibu

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

Request a copy of your results. But chances are your Celiac Panel being "negative" is good. The doctor that diagnosed me used a "Celiac Panel" and since I've gone gluten free my numbers have gone down but are not considered in the normal range yet. Chances are you may be in the subclinical range and that is why they said negative. But get a copy of your results, too. You should compare your initial test results with the new results. It will be a great confidence booster for sticking with the diet!

Jamie

"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." Ronald Reagan

Diagnosed Celiac via blood test 8-22-13

Dairy & gluten free in 8-22-13 then did gluten challenge in October

Endoscopy/Biopsy Oct-26-13 positive for Celiac

HLA-DQ2 positive

Vitamin D insufficiency confirmed 12-6-13

Dairy Added back in successfully 3-1-14

Normal Antibody Levels 3-19-14! 

Egg, sugar alcohols Intolerant 5-2014

Dairy removed again 10-2014 due to ongoing diarrhea symptoms

Diagnosed with Microscopic Colitis after colonoscopy 12-1-14

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

Yes, this is good news.  All of your antibodies should be negative if you have been gluten free for two years.

It is advised to have the celiac panel run at six months and then annually there after.  Since this panel was negative there is nothing more to do other than remain gluten-free and include the panel in your annual blood work.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: