This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Testing Post Diagnosis

MistyRG

MistyRG Apprentice

I read on the University of Chicago website about what you should be tested for each year after diagnosis. My doctor isn't very knowledgeable on Celiac, and I am coming up on 2 years since diagnosis. At my last appointment (which was the first since diagnosis), I asked her to run the testing again to see if my numbers look good. She ran a "Celiac Panel" (all the lab slip said), and when they called me with the results, they said it was negative and to keep doing what I'm doing. I don't have the report in hand yet, but I wanted to see if anyone knows if this is good news . . . or really no indicator?

I have been gluten-free for almost 2 years, but my family (husband and 5 kids) still consumes some gluten in the house. I am always worried about CC or the goldfish kisses from my kids!!! We eat out a few times a month, and, well, you can never be sure there!!! I just wanted to make sure I was definitely on the right track and healing.

Thanks!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

moosemalibu Collaborator

Request a copy of your results. But chances are your Celiac Panel being "negative" is good. The doctor that diagnosed me used a "Celiac Panel" and since I've gone gluten free my numbers have gone down but are not considered in the normal range yet. Chances are you may be in the subclinical range and that is why they said negative. But get a copy of your results, too. You should compare your initial test results with the new results. It will be a great confidence booster for sticking with the diet!

GottaSki Mentor

Yes, this is good news.  All of your antibodies should be negative if you have been gluten free for two years.

It is advised to have the celiac panel run at six months and then annually there after.  Since this panel was negative there is nothing more to do other than remain gluten-free and include the panel in your annual blood work.

Archived