19 replies to this topic

#16 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

A great thing happened! Mom is so much better dealing with this. Mom and dad went to the store yesterday evening and picked up a good amount of gluten-free food like pasta to try, 2 bread mixes and an all purpose flour, 3 gluten-free cereals, and the gluten-free Bisquick pancake mix. 

We tried the Bisquick today for our biscuits and it wasn't bad at all! I really liked it! We've tried store bought gluten-free bread before and it was just awful but this was really good! Hopefully the mixes we buy will be nearly as good or better! I'm hopeful. Even if we don't find a gluten-free brad mix that is good it's not a huge deal. I had a sandwich last night made with Mission white corn tortillas and the first 2 or 3 bites were really weird but after that it was pretty good. Had a mexican food taste which I rather enjoyed.

We'll see how I do with our regular plastic utensils. Nothing we ate for breakfast had gluten in it. We used our usual skillet, mom lined her old metal baking dish with parchment paper for the biscuits. She used an old plastic spatula for the eggs.

I'm noticing a moderate reaction right now. Nauseated, bloated. May have to go to the bathroom soon. Mom said everything was washed VERY well. I'm not sure what to believe. Oh well. Hopefully the longer I am gluten-free these food issues will go away, unless it is a true gluten reaction.

You have been trying gluten-free for 2 days.  Give yourself time.  You don't even know you have any issues with gluten for certain. if I remember.  Maybe its the dairy.  You can't really be "glutened" when you haven't really been gluten free and healed some (assuming Celiac is the issue).

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 learning2cope

learning2cope

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

You have been trying gluten-free for 2 days.  Give yourself time.  You don't even know you have any issues with gluten for certain. if I remember.  Maybe its the dairy.  You can't really be "glutened" when you haven't really been gluten free and healed some (assuming Celiac is the issue).

While I understand your reasoning I do know that I am having different reactions to cheese versus gluten. I've been paying attention for a few weeks with what I eat and how I feel and finally decided to go gluten-free. And when I say I was "glutened" that to me means that I apparently ate gluten and had a reaction that is typical to me such as diarrhea, bloating, nausea, heart burn, etc. You are right, I don't know if I do have Celiac Disease. But I do know at a minimum that I am sensitive to gluten.

#18 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

While I understand your reasoning I do know that I am having different reactions to cheese versus gluten. I've been paying attention for a few weeks with what I eat and how I feel and finally decided to go gluten-free. And when I say I was "glutened" that to me means that I apparently ate gluten and had a reaction that is typical to me such as diarrhea, bloating, nausea, heart burn, etc. You are right, I don't know if I do have Celiac Disease. But I do know at a minimum that I am sensitive to gluten.

What I am trying to say is, it's a little early to " be glutened". If that is the case, you haven't been gluten-free for 2 days. You need time to get the hang of the diet, heal, get your intestines back in working order. That doesn't happen in 2 hours gluten-free or 2 weeks gluten-free or even 2 months gluten-free. In the beginning, anything can make you feel bad. You might just be feeling bad because everything is so messed up in there.

LTES

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#19 learning2cope

learning2cope

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

What I am trying to say is, it's a little early to " be glutened". If that is the case, you haven't been gluten-free for 2 days. You need time to get the hang of the diet, heal, get your intestines back in working order. That doesn't happen in 2 hours gluten-free or 2 weeks gluten-free or even 2 months gluten-free. In the beginning, anything can make you feel bad. You might just be feeling bad because everything is so messed up in there.

4 days. But I understand. I don't typically have much of an intestine problem when I eat purely gluten-free foods. I had no reaction with the Chex gluten-free cereal with our gluten-free soy milk last night (as an example.) Yes I could be having reactions to anything that I eat since my body is inflamed right now.

#20 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

4 days. But I understand. I don't typically have much of an intestine problem when I eat purely gluten-free foods. I had no reaction with the Chex gluten-free cereal with our gluten-free soy milk last night (as an example.) Yes I could be having reactions to anything that I eat since my body is inflamed right now.

Ok.... Well.... Just insert a 4 in my post for every 2. It's still applies. :)

LTES

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gluten intolerance, celiac, undiagnosed, sun sensitive, light sensitive, rash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: