arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Did Anyone Else Suffer After An Endoscopy?

endoscopy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Triomam

Triomam

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:08 AM

Hi all

So I had an endoscopy for the first time yesterday morning after very high TTG IGA readings. I was ok afterwards...just a bit sore. Bbt I've been up all night with awful stomach pains and bloating. Today I look and feel like I've swallowed a football and am really uncomfortable and have a banging headache. I was awake,,,,,I didn't have sedation. The only thing I ate yesterday was a salad...as I couldn't eat before it and didn't want anything afterwards until tea time.

Anyone else?
Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:32 AM

My son took a couple of weeks to recover.  It seemed to make him more symptomatic.  His symptoms were not the same as yours though.  He had reflux, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, rashes, and brian fog.  I hope that you feel better soon.

#3 NoGlutenCooties

NoGlutenCooties

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:09 AM

I think if your symptoms aren't gone by today you should make sure your doctor is aware of what's going on - just to be safe.  Also, keep an eye out for any blood in your stool. 

Positive Bloodtest: Oct 1, 2013

Gluten-free since: Oct 2, 2013

Celiac confirmed by Biopsy: Oct 29, 2013

#4 WinterSong

WinterSong

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

I had my endoscopy done twice (the first time they couldn't see anything because there was too much undigested food in my system :angry:). Both times I felt very sick afterwards. The first time, I remember eating a banana and feeling incredibly bloated and was unable to eat more. The second time, my appointment was later at 2:30 in the afternoon, so I didn't eat anything for about 18 hours. I think it was a combination of that and the anesthesia that made me so sick. I couldn't eat anything without feeling incredibly bloated. My mom (self diagnosed) has always reacted the same way with procedures that use anesthesia and require you to not eat for a length of time. 

Feel better!

Diagnosed with IBS - Fall 2007

Diagnosed with Celiac via blood test (tTg off the charts) - March 18th, 2011

Gluten free as of March 25th, 2011 and going strong!

Positive biopsy April 1st, 2011

Blood test results back down to normal levels November 2012

#5 Triomam

Triomam

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

I had my endoscopy done twice (the first time they couldn't see anything because there was too much undigested food in my system :angry:). Both times I felt very sick afterwards. The first time, I remember eating a banana and feeling incredibly bloated and was unable to eat more. The second time, my appointment was later at 2:30 in the afternoon, so I didn't eat anything for about 18 hours. I think it was a combination of that and the anesthesia that made me so sick. I couldn't eat anything without feeling incredibly bloated. My mom (self diagnosed) has always reacted the same way with procedures that use anesthesia and require you to not eat for a length of time. 

Feel better!

Thank you all so much......
Winter song....your reply says your TTG was off the charts.what was it?
Thanks

#6 coffngrl

coffngrl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

Hi all

So I had an endoscopy for the first time yesterday morning after very high TTG IGA readings. I was ok afterwards...just a bit sore. Bbt I've been up all night with awful stomach pains and bloating. Today I look and feel like I've swallowed a football and am really uncomfortable and have a banging headache. I was awake,,,,,I didn't have sedation. The only thing I ate yesterday was a salad...as I couldn't eat before it and didn't want anything afterwards until tea time.

Anyone else?
Thanks

I was sick as a dog after mine for days. Stomach pains, I felt like I couldn't swallow - it felt like someone had tied a knot in my esophagus and/or was stabbing me in the chest. I also had a headache.

But, do be on the lookout for any fever - there was a rash of endoscopes last year that were still contaminated after being sterilized somehow. A bunch of people got sick.

#7 WinterSong

WinterSong

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

Thank you all so much......
Winter song....your reply says your TTG was off the charts.what was it?
Thanks

It was literally off the charts. I think my lab's top range was 300, and my tTg was somewhere higher than that. No way to determine the exact number.

Diagnosed with IBS - Fall 2007

Diagnosed with Celiac via blood test (tTg off the charts) - March 18th, 2011

Gluten free as of March 25th, 2011 and going strong!

Positive biopsy April 1st, 2011

Blood test results back down to normal levels November 2012

#8 Triomam

Triomam

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

It was literally off the charts. I think my lab's top range was 300, and my tTg was somewhere higher than that. No way to determine the exact number.

Ewwww horrible thought re being contaminated coffngl!!!!

Thanks wintering......same as me.....range went to 300 and I'm somewhere over that.....struggling though to eat well gluten-free. I work long hours and am by myself with my children.....by the time they are in bed an I have to think about food usually it's bad enough...let alone trying to think if gluten-free new things...being veggie probably doesn't help .....
I'll get used to it.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: