Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Why Multiple Food Intolerances--Need To Vent!

multiple intolerance corn soy dairy nightshades

• Please log in to reply

24 replies to this topic

#16 Maryw88

Maryw88

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

I would recomend either doing the GAPS diet or paleo autoimmune protocol for gut healing.

I tried GAPS but I couldn't tolerate all the fermented veggies.  Turns out the corn based vinegar was killing me.  Thats actually how I discovered I was corn intolerant!  Ha!  

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Maryw88

Maryw88

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

Thanks everyone!  Sometimes you just need to know you are not the only one in this cruddy boat?  I really appreciate everyone's replys.  I totally agree, gotta be tough and gotta be positive.  I just couldn't smile about it yesterday.  Reading everyone's experiences does help though.  Maybe one day we will all get dairy back!!!  It can happen!  

#18 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

So lets all be tough together, and keep hoping that some day we can eat some cheese on occasion without worry

amen!  -_- B)

i do brave the soy on occasion.  if i am careful not to have too much, it seems to be ok.  i avoid it most of the time, though.  no sense in Angering the Beast for No Good Reason  ;) 

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#19 SinGlutenRocks

SinGlutenRocks

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:41 AM

Hello everyone!

I was diagnosed with celiac disease a year and a half ago and was just getting used to eating gluten free food and being fine with it all when suddenly the bellyaches started up again  - and guess what.. yesterday I was diagnosed with fructose intolerance on top of being celiac. 

I´m really desperate to find out if anybody else has the same problem and I really nead advice on how to deal with this from now on? I heard there´s lots of fructose in some of the gluten free products and I just don´t know what I can eat at all anymore. 

Thanks for reading this and listening, hope to talk to you soon! 

#20 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:13 AM

I think that when there are a whole bunch of food intolerances, there is likely something else going on.  Have you been working with a doctor?  Do you keep a food diary?  There are many possibilities.  In my case, I found that I could eat certain foods from my garden but not from certain other sources.  I'm not sure what the common thread is, but I'm working on it.

I hope that things improve for you.

#21 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

Yep, it can be hard.  But I think my life with gluten was very much harder.   Therefore, multiple allergies seem light.  I am becoming the detective, more cunning than all of the mystery books when I was a kid.  So, it sharpens ones mind.

Pretty sure my family would be without me (Or certainly wish they were) if gluten and foods I am intolerant of lived at my house.

I take inventory when feeling down on my limitations.  I check to see what has improved.  NO WAY do I want to go back.

#22 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

Hello everyone!

I was diagnosed with celiac disease a year and a half ago and was just getting used to eating gluten free food and being fine with it all when suddenly the bellyaches started up again  - and guess what.. yesterday I was diagnosed with fructose intolerance on top of being celiac. 

I´m really desperate to find out if anybody else has the same problem and I really nead advice on how to deal with this from now on? I heard there´s lots of fructose in some of the gluten free products and I just don´t know what I can eat at all anymore. 

Thanks for reading this and listening, hope to talk to you soon! 

I'm intolerant of everything...well not everything but my food and environmental list is quite long ;)

The best suggestion I have for you is ditch the processed gluten free items and eat only whole foods.  With fructose being an issue, you will have to limit fruit and other sugars.  Did you test positive on the breath test?

Hang in there :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#23 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

No I have not read all these but I do know we are all in the same boat but dang I do feel for you guys with so much intolerants! It's not so bad with Gluten but then Corn! Seems so much has Corn in it! Then you guys get so many other intolerances! I am thankful I got Dx'd early on and didn't take 20+ or 30+ years and tear my body aprt like some of you that have suffered for so long! My thoughts and prayers are with you all! 

When you say fructose do you mean High Fructose Corn Syrup? Because I am intolerant to that. I went on the No processed food diet for a month! It helps your body heal! Thats for sure! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#24 sarahdea

sarahdea

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:46 AM

Reading this thread has been really helpful to me, as my gluten allergy kicked in suddenly about 2.5 months ago. Thanks everyone for the venting and replies.  Sometimes ya just need to know you're not alone.  :)  <3

#25 SinGlutenRocks

SinGlutenRocks

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

I'm intolerant of everything...well not everything but my food and environmental list is quite long ;)

The best suggestion I have for you is ditch the processed gluten free items and eat only whole foods.  With fructose being an issue, you will have to limit fruit and other sugars.  Did you test positive on the breath test?

Hang in there :)

Hi! Thank you for answering! :) Yes, I tested positive on the breath test and the doctor said I should avoid fructose almost completely for about a month and then slowly start integrating it back into my diet in moderate amounts. I guess I just needed someone to listen to me, since my dad doesn´t like it when I start talking about my food related issues. So, thanks! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: