17 replies to this topic

#16 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

i use culturelle - it is doesn't contain synthetic colors (which i have problems with) preservatives, dairy, lactose, milk, yeast, wheat, gluten or soy <soy is *not* my friend.   it takes about 2 weeks to get everything settled down.  i still take 2x per day, one in the am and one before bed.  

it does take a long time, i still have bad days for no reason at all, seemingly, but overall my quality of life is definitely improved.  i figure it took a long time to do that much damage that i was dying from malnutrition.......  hang in there, kiddo.  hope you feel better!  :)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Celiacandme

Celiacandme

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:51 AM

i use culturelle - it is doesn't contain synthetic colors (which i have problems with) preservatives, dairy, lactose, milk, yeast, wheat, gluten or soy <soy is *not* my friend.   it takes about 2 weeks to get everything settled down.  i still take 2x per day, one in the am and one before bed.  

it does take a long time, i still have bad days for no reason at all, seemingly, but overall my quality of life is definitely improved.  i figure it took a long time to do that much damage that i was dying from malnutrition.......  hang in there, kiddo.  hope you feel better!  :)

Thank you. I appreciate that. I will have to check out culturelle!

#18 NoGlutenCooties

NoGlutenCooties

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:21 AM

after 4 months gluten free and the numbers are better/normal would the above still ring true? Could your numbers look better but could your body still be reacting to getting gluten out of your system/adjusting to new lifestyle of eating? Could you still have the wide array of symptoms you've had, whatever they have been for you?

I would say yes.  Because your body isn't just reacting to the presence of antibodies, it is dealing with severe nutrient deficiencies.  So just like it takes a starvation victim time to get back to normal, it takes awhile to fully heal from having Celiac.

Positive Bloodtest: Oct 1, 2013

Gluten-free since: Oct 2, 2013

Celiac confirmed by Biopsy: Oct 29, 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: