No replies to this topic

#1 kb27

kb27

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

My son was at a camp this weekend (with me).  The camp actually had pretty good procedures for keeping kids with dietary restrictions safe, but one night procedures weren't followed and my son was given some gluteny gravy.  He got about 3 or 4 bites down before we figured out what was up.  Oops.  

It's the only time in the last 2 years that I know for sure he has eaten gluten.  The next morning he was nauseous, unhappy, exhausted, and felt rotten.  I took him home early.  He slept for 5 hours straight and woke up with a fever of 101.  He didn't eat most of the day, but by dinner seemed to be doing better.  His fever was gone this morning, so I sent him back to school today. 

Before going gluten-free, he didn't have any outward symptoms.  He was just anemic.  I know that celiacs often get more sensitive to gluten once going gluten-free, but the fever thing seems weird.  It also seems too coincidental that this wouldn't be from glutening, given the timing and the fact that he was also nauseous and didn't want to eat all day.  

Anyone else get a fever from being glutened?  

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: