2 replies to this topic

#1 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

Bought soy cheese for daughter to make her some pizza. She doesn't normally like pizza but she did like some expensive soy cheese stuff from Whole Foods. I figured I could make it for less money. But she never ate it.

So I figured I would. Had daughter use it in my food twice. It was pretty good so I ordered more. Then went to make some quick nachos for myself. Yeah, I shouldn't be up but daughter has tons of things she must do tonight.

Anyway... Ingredients showed dairy! Gah! I really did know better. Would explain the big D that I had. Why would they put dairy in soy cheese? Some rice cheese has it too. Makes no sense. If I could eat dairy, I'd eat real cheese!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

I'd eat real cheese!

I think you hit the nail on the head there... how odd!  Can never let your guard down with all the crazy things they put in food that have no business being there. 

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:15 AM

I think you hit the nail on the head there... how odd!  Can never let your guard down with all the crazy things they put in food that have no business being there.

Yeah. I do know to check every label every time. I just screwed up here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: