#1 Jennifer81

Jennifer81

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

Hi All!

I've had some good reactions to the gluten free pizza- after being very wary of cross contamination

I have eaten the gluten free crust from Dominos and have had no reactions at all. Of course you have to pick the toppings

wisely but all in all I think its a good find. Has anyone else tried it and been ok too? Its not exactly what I am used too- a huge big fluffy slice of

pie with tons of toppings lol :( but it does the trick...its quite thin but made pretty well.

Anyone else tried it? :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:41 AM

There are already a few threads on this you may want to read through.  Dominos says about this pizza that it is not for people with celiac disease.  They do not take any precautions to prevent CC, so it is quite risky.  They cook it in the same pan and oven and prepare it on the same line as the regular pizzas.  Do remember that just because something includes gluten free in the title, doesn't mean it is truly gluten-free.  This is more of unsafe pizza made on a gluten-free crust.  If you are not sensitive to cross contamination, I still wouldn't eat it, but that is me.  Especially when you are just starting off on the gluten-free diet you may want to limit your eating out especially when it is almost guaranteed contaminated such as this place.  Here are just a few of the many previous threads on this.

http://www.celiac.co...ntly/?hl=domino

http://www.celiac.co...izza/?hl=domino

http://www.celiac.co...rias/?hl=domino

http://www.celiac.co...rust/?hl=domino

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:23 AM

Jennifer,

This is just me, but I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole (but I did not like Domino's before DX anyway.)

Just be careful with it, is all I will say.

Welcome to the forum!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:27 AM

We should ask if the OP is in the US? I think I have heard that Dominos has a real gluten-free pizza in other countries. However, in the US, it is not for Celiacs. It is possible that your particular Dominos uses fresh ingredients and utensils, etc but that is not the corporate procedure.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5 Jennifer81

Jennifer81

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:55 AM

There are already a few threads on this you may want to read through.  Dominos says about this pizza that it is not for people with celiac disease.  They do not take any precautions to prevent CC, so it is quite risky.  They cook it in the same pan and oven and prepare it on the same line as the regular pizzas.  Do remember that just because something includes gluten free in the title, doesn't mean it is truly gluten-free.  This is more of unsafe pizza made on a gluten-free crust.  If you are not sensitive to cross contamination, I still wouldn't eat it, but that is me.  Especially when you are just starting off on the gluten-free diet you may want to limit your eating out especially when it is almost guaranteed contaminated such as this place.  Here are just a few of the many previous threads on this.

http://www.celiac.co...ntly/?hl=domino

http://www.celiac.co...izza/?hl=domino

http://www.celiac.co...rias/?hl=domino

http://www.celiac.co...rust/?hl=domino

Thanks for the links! It was not that great of a piece of pizza anyway and certainly not worth risking it. After reading the thoughts from people on this thread looks like I should

stay away from it and that's a smart choice. Any good guaranteed frozen gluten free pizzas that you or anyone else reading my response buys at the grocery store? Thanks everyone.

#6 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

I like Against the Grain. They are a GREAT company. They won't even let their employees bring gluten foods for lunch! I get their cheese pizza and add my own toppings. You probably won't find it in the grocery store, but if you have a health food store near you they may have it. Expensive, but worth it IMO.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#7 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:50 AM

Udi's pizza crust is good as well.

#8 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

I like amys but a lot of people seem not to.  I add toppings to it.  Russo's is hard to find, I know it is at Kroger... best gluten-free pizza in my opinion.  There is also apparently a new freschetta gluten-free pizza but I haven't heard from anyone who tried it yet.  Against the grain is good but I can't get it where I am.  If you feel like making your own pizza, I like the chebe crust mix with classico pizza sauce.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#9 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

Do you have a California Pizza Kitchen? They have implemented very good procedures to insure that a gluten-free pizza is gluten-free. They only have about 4 kinds in order to keep the toppings un contaminated.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#10 bluefey

bluefey

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:12 AM

I just ate Amy's this weekend -- it was not very good at all in my opinion.  I was surprised because I like Amy's lasagna a lot!

i think it is safer to just eat in than to eat out!

#11 Salax

Salax

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Chebe pizza crust, best I have had yet (I have other intolerance, so this crust has nothing in it that hurts me and its good!) Plus if you go to their website, they have even more recipes with their mixes and they are cheap! Well, compared to any other gluten-free crust cost I have seen. 

Salax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Celiac Disease - Gluten Free since Feb 2009,
Cow Milk &  Corn free - June 2012,
Gall Bladder Failure - Removed July 2009,
Colitis, Hashimotos Disease, & Diverticulitis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
( )_( )
(='.'=)
(")_(") Eat your vegetables!

#12 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:05 AM

My husband was never diagnosed with Celiac.

At my daughter's diagnoses (she was not even 2 years ) the whole house went gluten free.  (yes. even pets!)

After years eating gluten free at home he realized gluten just did not agree with him.

He tried the Domino's gluten free pizza on a work trip, and did just fine.  (He does notice adverse affects from gluten ~ but not a diagnosed Celiac.)

Michigan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: