Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Prairie Path Beer Is Not Gluten Free :(

beer prairie path two brothers red box wine jameson whiskey jack daniels whiskey

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 cmarti82

cmarti82

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Hey guys,

As a person with celiac disease, I was super excited after trying Two Brothers Prairie Path beer, after claiming they are gluten free (with less than 5ppm of gluten). I had gotten sick off this beer 3x. So I decided to do my own test. I used the EZ gluten strips which detect any trace amount of gluten. This kit tells you if a product is Negative for gluten, Positive, High Positive, or Very High Positive for gluten.

Results: "very high positive for gluten"

I was so sad! For a company to claim they are gluten free, they are not!!!

This kit is great and I highly recommend it. It does cost a lot, but I think it's worth testing products you have in your diet a lot. For me: I gotta check my booze :)

I tested Red Box wine, Jack Daniels whiskey, and Jamesons whiskey: they all came back clear: Negative for gluten!!! This kit is very accurate as I have tested crackers and leftovers from a restaurant I got sick off of and they as well tested positive for gluten.

Just thought I'd let ya know.

So do NOT buy Prairie Path unless you want to go diarrhea and destroy your intestines.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

I think it is a great tool to have a few of those home test kits for when you just can't figure out what has the gluten in it.  Worth the price in my opinion.  

I checked out their website http://www.twobrothe...irie-path-faqs/ and it looks like it is one of the gluten removed beers.  There is another one called omission that causes a lot of commotion about whether or not it is safe- I won't drink it.  Of course I was never a beer lover anyways.  But anyways, if you haven't written them to let them know, I think that would be a good idea.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 livinthelife

livinthelife

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

I think it is a great tool to have a few of those home test kits for when you just can't figure out what has the gluten in it.  Worth the price in my opinion.  

I checked out their website http://www.twobrothe...irie-path-faqs/ and it looks like it is one of the gluten removed beers.  There is another one called omission that causes a lot of commotion about whether or not it is safe- I won't drink it.  Of course I was never a beer lover anyways.  But anyways, if you haven't written them to let them know, I think that would be a good idea.

Agree!! Emailing them is a great thing to do. Just let them know. I'm scared of anything these days!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: