This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Numbers Are Fun!

GottaSki

GottaSki Mentor

My son...knowing my love of Sudoku passed along this fun? game:

Open Original Shared Link

so...anyone interested...let us post our high .... mine is far lower than 2048 thus far.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

greenbeanie Enthusiast

Fun! I love this sort of thing! But I'm confused about the goal. I just got a score above 2048, but my highest single tile was only 256. Am I right in thinking the main aim is the high tile itself, and the score is kind of irrelevant (though it presumably corresponds to things you do to get a high tile)?

GottaSki Mentor

Yep...single tile...first play I thought it was a silly waste of time....while that may be true...I made the mistake of leaving the window open on my laptop and now I'm hooked.

256 is good....I was stuck there for awhile...still only got one 512 here

Adalaide Mentor

This will be fun amusement in the hospital. I'm sure it was totally an accident, as I got almost stuck twice, but I got a 3048. I also have no idea how it happened.

GottaSki Mentor

in one square?  oh total score.

yep it is a perfect time killer ;)

Adalaide Mentor

I can't get past a 512 single square. But I do keep getting high total scores. Why, oh why, does this have to be so addictive?

greenbeanie Enthusiast

My best so far was 512 in a single square, while also having 256 in another square on the same board at the same time. Things went downhill very quickly after that...

I never would have though it possible, but this game is even more addictive than Tetris. I'm going to be seeing numbers when I try to sleep tonight! Good thing I'm on vacation.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nvsmom Community Regular

Curse you, Lisa! I just wasted two hours of my weekend on that game.... Evil! :ph34r:

I can only get up to a 512 tile. I had a 256 and a few other high tiles at the same time once, but then it all fell apart.

Gah!

Eeeeeevilllll!

GottaSki Mentor

Curse you, Lisa! I just wasted two hours of my weekend on that game.... Evil! :ph34r:

I can only get up to a 512 tile. I had a 256 and a few other high tiles at the same time once, but then it all fell apart.

Gah!

Eeeeeevilllll!

I know!!!!  I completely missed the movie I was "watching" with hubs last night.

Son has made one 1024 + one 512

I'm still stuck with two 512s as highest

Pure Evil

:lol::PB):P:lol:

Adalaide Mentor

I've passed this along to my oldest daughter who is the super math nerd. I want her to share my pain. I've managed some high scores, but can't get past a 1024 tile. It taunts me, and I can't help myself... I keep playing. Curse you!

nvsmom Community Regular

YES!! I did it! After half of a wasted day, I did it! It was a bit disappointing that there were no flashing lights or applause though. LOL

GottaSki Mentor

YES!! I did it! After half of a wasted day, I did it! It was a bit disappointing that there were no flashing lights or applause though. LOL

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

insert flashing lights -- seriously, son is going to be green with envy and am light green meeself...did I say AWSOME????

so cool  B) yep my bud Nicole  :)   is awesome  :wub:

GF Lover Rising Star

Dang Lisa.  I'm freakin hooked  :lol:  Can't wait to show my son, he is REALLY good at wasting time  :lol:  :lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

I got an 884 first time out (is that good? no clue...lol. I suck at numbers)

but I am NOT, repeat not going to get roped into playing this all the time.

ok, maybe just one more.......dang you, Ski...

IrishHeart Veteran

I got an 884 first time out (is that good? no clue...lol. I suck at numbers)

but I am NOT, repeat not going to get roped into playing this all the time.

ok, maybe just one more.......dang you, Ski...

ah right, I  did it another one.........3320

and I am retiring on that score..... well, maybe after I try one more later....right now, I have to go to the f$#@! dentist. 

broke a tooth  ..another fun thing about celiac...yippee!

GottaSki Mentor

and I am retiring on that score..... well, maybe after I try one more later....right now, I have to go to the f$#@! dentist. 

lol...the goal is one tile that has "2048"

total score just keeps you coming back to beat it -- it's addicting and a complete waste of time :P

Hoping your dental visit goes quickly :wub:

IrishHeart Veteran

lol...the goal is one tile that has "2048"

total score just keeps you coming back to beat it -- it's addicting and a complete waste of time :P

Hoping your dental visit goes quickly :wub:

yeah, sweets, I know what the goal is...but ....I will never be able to do that.

I am just celebrating my "total score"...I am a dork that way. 

I am rotten at these games. lol

now, gin rummy, I can kick ass. trivial pursuit, sure... Solitaire? I always lose....to myself....lmao

thx, I am sure I will whine (wine) all about it to you later on email. ugh DENTIST! (say it with disgust like NEWMAN! on Seinfeld...) 

nvsmom Community Regular

LOL I was sitting here trying to figure out how you got 3320 as a multiple of 2.  LOL I need more coffee.

Good luck with the dentist

Adalaide Mentor

I got it! I got it! I did it late late late last night, I was doing a happy dance in my chair. It won't taunt me anymore and I can safely play my new Diablo expansion in peace. But, having it mobile will give me something to do and curse in the hospital Thursday afternoon. :)

GottaSki Mentor

cheerleader.gif

cheerleader.gif

Yay Nicole and Addie!!!

-- I'm still stuck at 1024 -- haven't played for past couple of days -- must make 2048 soon --

• 3 weeks later...
greenbeanie Enthusiast

Finally got it! Phew. (No, I haven't been playing every day all this time....but I did play quite often, and it was driving me crazy that I kept coming so close and then getting stuck.) Now I need a new diversion...

GottaSki Mentor

Finally got it! Phew. (No, I haven't been playing every day all this time....but I did play quite often, and it was driving me crazy that I kept coming so close and then getting stuck.) Now I need a new diversion...

cheerleader.gif

Not me yet...got busy...which is very good...stuck at 1024 here.

Son gave me another version with puppies instead of numbers...I was not impressed.

Pulling regular version back up tonight!

• 1 month later...
Adalaide Mentor

Want me to make all of you who have won crazy? It's possible to double that 2048 and get a 4096 square.

nvsmom Community Regular

NO!!!  :blink: Wow!  :huh:

I've managed to get a 1024 along with the 2048 but I've never hit 2096... Impressive!

GottaSki Mentor

Nooooooooo......

In the car for awhile next two days...gonna try again ;)

Archived