This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Can I Go Blog Wild...

CaliSparrow

CaliSparrow Collaborator

...without dominating the "recent blog entries" box on the main page? :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Not sure what you mean?

LauraTX Rising Star

More entries will fill up the recent blog posts box, but I don't think it will highly bother people :)

kareng Grand Master

Oh! I get it. I don't think it matters unless you are repeating yourself or being really obnoxious or selling things or not following the basic rules.

CaliSparrow Collaborator

Being obnoxious is exactly what I want to avoid. Writing is helping me to work things out. Hmmm...

CaliSparrow Collaborator

I figured out a compromise. :) Wish more people wrote in the blog area!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Demandcpm
    Newest Member
    Demandcpm
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Zackery Brian
      I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you've been facing with your health. Dealing with celiac disease and multiple food sensitivities can indeed be overwhelming. Here are a few thoughts and suggestions based on your experience and the replies you've received: Confirming Diagnosis: It's great that your gastroenterologist confirmed your celiac disease diagnosis through additional tests. Understanding the specifics of your condition can help tailor your approach to managing it more effectively. Food Sensitivity Testing: While blood tests for food sensitivities can provide some insights, they may not always be completely accurate. As mentioned by others, false positives are common, and individual responses to specific foods can vary. Discussing your test results and symptoms with a healthcare professional knowledgeable about celiac disease and food sensitivities can help clarify your situation. Research and Education: Exploring conditions like Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS) and histamine intolerance could shed further light on your symptoms and provide additional avenues for managing your health. Gathering information from reliable sources and discussing your findings with your healthcare team can help you make informed decisions about your care. Dietary Management: Managing celiac disease and multiple food sensitivities can be challenging, but finding a balance that works for you is crucial. Working with a dietitian who specializes in celiac disease and food intolerances can help you develop a personalized dietary plan that meets your nutritional needs while minimizing symptoms. Stress Management: Chronic pain and health issues can take a toll on mental and emotional well-being. Finding healthy coping strategies to manage stress, such as mindfulness, relaxation techniques, or engaging in activities you enjoy, may help improve your overall quality of life. Remember, you're not alone in your journey, and seeking support from healthcare professionals, support groups, or online communities can provide valuable encouragement and guidance.
    • Fluka66
      Thank you very much for your reply. I hadn't heard of celiac disease but began to notice a pattern of pain. I've been on the floor more than once with agonising pain but this was always put down to another abdominal problem consequently I've been on a roundabout of backwards and forwards with another consultant for many years. I originally questioned this diagnosis but was assured it was the reason for my pain. Many years later the consultant gave up and I had a new GP. I started to cut out certain food types ,reading packets then really started to cut out wheat and went lactose free. After a month I reintroduced these in one meal and ended screaming in agony the tearing and bloating pain. With this info and a swollen lymph node in my neck I went back to the GP.  I have a referral now . I have also found out that acidic food is causing the terrible pain . My thoughts are this is irritating any ulcers. I'm hoping that after a decade the outlook isn't all bad. My blood test came back with a high marker but I didn't catch what it was. My GP and I have agreed that I won't go back on wheat just for the test due to the pain , my swollen lymph node and blood test results.  Trying to remain calm for the referral and perhaps needed to be more forceful all those years ago but I'm not assertive and consultants can be overwhelming. Many thanks for your reply . Wishing you all the best.
    • Moodiefoodie
      Wow! Fascinating info. Thanks so much! I really appreciate the guidance. @Spacepanther Over the years I have had rheumatologists do full lab work ups on me. They told me they had screened me for arthritis, lupus, and Lyme disease (all negative). In addition to joint pain and stiffness I had swelling in both knees that later moved to my elbow as well.  I also experience stiffness and pain in my neck and shoulders when it flares. I vomited fairly often growing up, but there wasn’t a real pattern to it and I didn’t know it wasn’t normal (thought people caught stomach viruses often).  I don’t usually have stomach symptoms immediately after eating gluten that I notice.  The only other joint condition I know of is fibromyalgia. Good luck! Hope you can get it figured out. I only assumed my joint symptoms were due to the celiac’s because it is under control for the most part on a gluten-free diet.  The rheumatologist also mentioned that some inflammatory/autoimmune diseases can be slow-moving and not detectable until they progress.
    • knitty kitty
      @Spacepanther, I found these articles about the connection between Celiac and joint pain. Musculoskeletal Complications of Celiac Disease: A Case-Based Review https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10201087/ And   Intestinal microbiome composition and its relation to joint pain and inflammation https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6814863/ And The gut microbiome-joint connection: implications in osteoarthritis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6903327/ Sounds like it's time to change the diet to change the microbiome.
    • knitty kitty
      @Shireen32,  Take some deep breaths.  Your labs are fine!  Your tTg IgA is so low!  Well done!  Your endomysial IgA is fine.  There's not a level on the endomysial test.  It's just "yes or no" for if you have celiac disease.   No, it's too early to call it refractory. What are you eating?  Please tell us more than meat and veg. Do you consume dairy? Do you consume processed gluten free foods?   Are you taking any prescription medications, herbal supplements, vitamins and minerals?