2 replies to this topic

#1 jennlynnpowell

jennlynnpowell

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:14 AM

I had my first prenatal with my OB (others have been with my reg. doc) and my doctor was a wee bit concerned with my weight gain. I've only gained 1 lb (in total and I was wearing my boots etc. so I don't know if I have even gained that).

I explained how my thyroid has been regulated recently, I've cut out gluten and that I eat the same if not more than my husband on a daily basis (who was there for a visual) - he's 6'1 and about 220). I also said that my regular doctor said my pre-pregnancy weight was likely higher than it should've been naturally and that is why I haven't gained much as my body was sorting itself out.

He said it's all well and good but that I should be gaining a pound a week going forward. I feel like other than having a food funnel that I can't physically eat more than I do currently!

Has anyone else experienced this and have suggestions about what to add to my diet? Here's my norm foods:

Quinoa, rice, rice pasta, avacado, nuts, yogurt, meat, eggs ,fruit, and veggies with a side of ice cream/cheese. I am sensitive to dairy so I can only have one serving or so a day.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 frieze

frieze

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

cut out the dairy entirely.

#3 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

Dairy can cause some intestinal damage in SOME people. Frieze was right. Give it up (you already know it bothers you). Make sure you are taking a good multi vitamin and some calcium to replace what you would normally get in dairy products.

I had a normal BMI and gained 26 pounds during my pregnancy. My doc was adamant about not gaining more than 25. I do not recall gaining anything by my first OB visit. I remember making a mental note to be sure to get back to that starting weight. I was at my physical peak then doing mini triathalons. Weight gained occurred in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.

I have Hashi's thyroiditis. Be sure your doc tests frequently.

Congrats! I am thrilled for you!
Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users