• Please log in to reply

8 replies to this topic

beekeeper

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

i have a question..   ive been diagnosed 14 years   14 years gluten-free   i just started having a new symptom  been to 16 drs. noone knows

but looked on this forum and it appears it could be strictures???   could i have more information on them  

can they be inflamed from certain foods   then feel fine for a month?   im so confused thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

Where is the stricture?  Esophagus?

Michigan

beekeeper

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

Where is the stricture?  Esophagus?

im not sure i have one   i dont know what they are.    but i have a spot that   is in my upper right intestine (it feels like)   that hurts terribly after i eat  .it isnt gallbladder, i had an ultrasound,   but i thought maybe strictures were in intestines.  

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

If you are having terrible pain in your intestines in the same spot, it is time to go see your GI doctor and get it properly evaluated for your safety.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

beekeeper

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

If you are having terrible pain in your intestines in the same spot, it is time to go see your GI doctor and get it properly evaluated for your safety.

lol    i have been to 16 drs.    they dont know    im trying to find out what a stricture is  but i cant seem to find out!

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,578 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

lol    i have been to 16 drs.    they dont know    im trying to find out what a stricture is  but i cant seem to find out!

A stricture is a narrowing of a tube.  it is usually referring to the esophagus (throat) or the urethra (the tube where pee comes out).  Technically, any tube could have a stricture.  And a polyp, tumor, Chrohn's, diverticulitis, constipation, etc could cause a stricture or narrowing.

You can't diagnose yourself with a stricture of your intestines or colon.  A GI would find it with different tests including a barium enema with xray, CT scans, colonoscopy or endoscopy.

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

beekeeper

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

A stricture is a narrowing of a tube.  it is usually referring to the esophagus (throat) or the urethra (the tube where pee comes out).  Technically, any tube could have a stricture.  And a polyp, tumor, Chrohn's, diverticulitis, constipation, etc could cause a stricture or narrowing.

You can't diagnose yourself with a stricture of your intestines or colon.  A GI would find it with different tests including a barium enema with xray, CT scans, colonoscopy or endoscopy.

i know    thanks   i just heard about them today so i thought i would find out more about them.

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,578 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

im trying to find out what a stricture is  but i cant seem to find out!

i know    thanks   i just heard about them today so i thought i would find out more about them.

If you already knew this, what are you asking? Sorry.   I thought you didn't know what they are.  

Well, as you know, a stricture could be caused by many things.  If they are caused by things like diverticulitis, they might come and go, I would guess.

Edited by kareng, 26 March 2014 - 12:35 PM.

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

beekeeper

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

If you already knew this, what are you asking? Sorry.   I thought you didn't know what they are.  

Well, as you know, a stricture could be caused by many things.  If they are caused by things like diverticulitis, they might come and go, I would guess.

i was saying    i know i cant diagnose myself.    i did not know what a stricture was and tried to find out but nothing really explained it well  .   thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: strictures, bloating, popcorn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: