This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

beekeeper

beekeeper Newbie

i have a question..   ive been diagnosed 14 years   14 years gluten-free   i just started having a new symptom  been to 16 drs. noone knows

but looked on this forum and it appears it could be strictures???   could i have more information on them  

can they be inflamed from certain foods   then feel fine for a month?   im so confused thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mommida Enthusiast

Where is the stricture?  Esophagus?

beekeeper Newbie

Where is the stricture?  Esophagus?

im not sure i have one   i dont know what they are.    but i have a spot that   is in my upper right intestine (it feels like)   that hurts terribly after i eat  .it isnt gallbladder, i had an ultrasound,   but i thought maybe strictures were in intestines.  

LauraTX Rising Star

If you are having terrible pain in your intestines in the same spot, it is time to go see your GI doctor and get it properly evaluated for your safety.

beekeeper Newbie

If you are having terrible pain in your intestines in the same spot, it is time to go see your GI doctor and get it properly evaluated for your safety.

lol    i have been to 16 drs.    they dont know    im trying to find out what a stricture is  but i cant seem to find out!

kareng Grand Master

lol    i have been to 16 drs.    they dont know    im trying to find out what a stricture is  but i cant seem to find out!

A stricture is a narrowing of a tube.  it is usually referring to the esophagus (throat) or the urethra (the tube where pee comes out).  Technically, any tube could have a stricture.  And a polyp, tumor, Chrohn's, diverticulitis, constipation, etc could cause a stricture or narrowing.

You can't diagnose yourself with a stricture of your intestines or colon.  A GI would find it with different tests including a barium enema with xray, CT scans, colonoscopy or endoscopy.

beekeeper Newbie

A stricture is a narrowing of a tube.  it is usually referring to the esophagus (throat) or the urethra (the tube where pee comes out).  Technically, any tube could have a stricture.  And a polyp, tumor, Chrohn's, diverticulitis, constipation, etc could cause a stricture or narrowing.

You can't diagnose yourself with a stricture of your intestines or colon.  A GI would find it with different tests including a barium enema with xray, CT scans, colonoscopy or endoscopy.

i know    thanks   i just heard about them today so i thought i would find out more about them.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

im trying to find out what a stricture is  but i cant seem to find out!

i know    thanks   i just heard about them today so i thought i would find out more about them.

If you already knew this, what are you asking? Sorry.   I thought you didn't know what they are.  

Well, as you know, a stricture could be caused by many things.  If they are caused by things like diverticulitis, they might come and go, I would guess.

beekeeper Newbie

If you already knew this, what are you asking? Sorry.   I thought you didn't know what they are.  

Well, as you know, a stricture could be caused by many things.  If they are caused by things like diverticulitis, they might come and go, I would guess.

i was saying    i know i cant diagnose myself.    i did not know what a stricture was and tried to find out but nothing really explained it well  .   thanks

Archived