4 replies to this topic

ryann14

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

Hey guys,

I am getting married next year and I was going to start looking, tasting and everything else that goes with looking at wedding cakes.

I was wondering if you guys could suggest a bakery, hopefully in Denver, Colorado but if you could suggest a wedding cake bakery that you guys know, love and trust would be great.

Thanks

Ryann

Celiac.com Sponsor:

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

Congratulations!

I believe  Denver, Colorado is really making strides in gluten free food products.  I think Udi's brand originated there and owns some restaurants and bakery. 

Can you look out for any gluten free food fairs in your area?

Apparently they are running a contest to rename Udi's.  (Probably because of Rudi's gluten free products)

Michigan

mamaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

check out  Deby's.......

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,565 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

Congratulations!

I believe Denver, Colorado is really making strides in gluten free food products. I think Udi's brand originated there and owns some restaurants and bakery.

Can you look out for any gluten free food fairs in your area?

Apparently they are running a contest to rename Udi's. (Probably because of Rudi's gluten free products)

I agree. I think there are a few gluten-free bakeries in the Denver area - just google them.

I hadn't heard that the company that owns Udi's bread was trying to change the name. I doubt it has anything to do with Rudis. Udis bread was sold a few years ago. The restaurants, owned by someone different than the bread, are not doing much gluten-free food anymore.

Edit: looks like the catering-restaurant company is changing the name. Not sure if it was sold, too.

Edited by kareng, 28 March 2014 - 05:03 PM.

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

Christina.V

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:07 PM

She isn't in Denver, but in Northern Colorado The Cake Lady is AMAZING! www.thecakeladyshop.com 

She's a personal friend of mine and can definitely do gluten-free. Since she's a small operation you don't need to worry about cc. I've had many of her cakes *although none gluten-free* but I can say they are delicious and absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wedding, cakes, gluten free, denver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: