3 replies to this topic

#1 gilligan

gilligan

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

I will have a chance to eat at Bonefish Grill in a couple of weeks.  Has anyone been there?  Is it as safe as some of the reviews I've read online?  

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,852 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

I eat at the one by me. The food on the gluten-free menu is gluten-free, no matter who they make it for. They just don't have a lot of gluten stuff. To me, this makes it even better. They had a special , one night, that I knew had to be gluten-free. We asked the waiter who talked to the chef ( chef not cook, also an important factor). The chef said I couldn't have it - they had not gone through their process to make sure it was gluten-free.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

5 out of 4 people struggle with math.

math-problem-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 kenlove

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

The one in Skokie Il. north of Chicago was pretty good with an extensive gluten-free menu. They showed me the part of the kitchen that was only for gluten-free prep. It's owned by the same company that owns Outback and Roys.

I will have a chance to eat at Bonefish Grill in a couple of weeks.  Has anyone been there?  Is it as safe as some of the reviews I've read online?  

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 gilligan

gilligan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

Thanks for responding.  I'll soon be at Navarre Beach, and I was so hoping that I could find at least ONE safe place to eat rather than cook at the rented condo the whole time.  I know I've been "glutened" a few times, but have not really had any ill effects that I could identify, until -- I ate at Five Guys last weekend!  Oh boy!  Now, I know what it feels like, and a week later, I'm still dealing with the fatigue.  Holy Cow!  A week!  I just don't want to ruin a quick get away feeling horrible the whole time.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: