Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store. For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

New Recipe! Pizza With Cauliflower/carrot/kale Crust

3 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I wanted to share some of the new great recipes I've tried! I've really been enjoying paleo and no-grain recipes, so this one was great for my pizza fix. It's a cauliflower/carrot/kale pizza crust. I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't call it pizza exactly, but I would call it a great mock-pizza. Make sure you have a great sauce - I really think that's what brings the recipe together.

The recipe below is by Fresh4Five and makes a full pizza. Cut it in half for a personal size. The only thing I did differently was that I kept it in the oven the second time around until the cheese browned. 

Cauliflower, Carrot & Kale Grain Free Pizza Crust

Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins

• 1-1/2 cups shredded cauliflower
  • 1 cup shredded carrot
  • ½ cup shredded kale
  • ¼ tsp sea salt
  • 3 tbsp coconut flour – or- 3tbsp ground pepitas and 2tbsp tapioca flour
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 4 egg whites

1. Place the cauliflower, carrot and kale in a large bowl. Sprinkle in the sea salt and toss it around with a fork, this will help the vegetables sweat. Set aside for 15 minutes.
  2. Preheat oven to 400F
  3. Using your clean hands squeeze out as much liquid as possible and place in a large bowl.
  4. Now add your herbs, flour and mix well. Add the egg whites and mix well, use your hands to kneed like a dough.
  5. place on a large piece of parchment paper and cover with another piece. Roll out the dough to about ½ in.
  6. Gently move to a baking sheet, and bake WITH the parchment paper on top for 20 minutes.
  7. Remove the cover and top as desired. Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes to heat up all your toppings, or melt your cheese.

And for those of you who don't feel you deserve the punishment of a pizza crust made of kale and other veggies, you can use frozen hash brown patties as individual pizza crusts.  Just kidding - this looks like a great recipe for someone who likes vegetables a lot more than I do. :-b

Haha, yes it is definitely a veggie lover's pizza!