I wanted to share some of the new great recipes I've tried! I've really been enjoying paleo and no-grain recipes, so this one was great for my pizza fix. It's a cauliflower/carrot/kale pizza crust. I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't call it pizza exactly, but I would call it a great mock-pizza. Make sure you have a great sauce - I really think that's what brings the recipe together.
The recipe below is by Fresh4Five and makes a full pizza. Cut it in half for a personal size. The only thing I did differently was that I kept it in the oven the second time around until the cheese browned.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup shredded kale
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp coconut flour – or- 3tbsp ground pepitas and 2tbsp tapioca flour
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 egg whites
- Place the cauliflower, carrot and kale in a large bowl. Sprinkle in the sea salt and toss it around with a fork, this will help the vegetables sweat. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Using your clean hands squeeze out as much liquid as possible and place in a large bowl.
- Now add your herbs, flour and mix well. Add the egg whites and mix well, use your hands to kneed like a dough.
- place on a large piece of parchment paper and cover with another piece. Roll out the dough to about ½ in.
- Gently move to a baking sheet, and bake WITH the parchment paper on top for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover and top as desired. Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes to heat up all your toppings, or melt your cheese.