Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Reintroduced Foods And Still Intolerant?

leaky gut intolerances

• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

#1 CaliSparrow

CaliSparrow

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

I do have leaky gut and tested intolerant to 55+ foods. About six weeks ago, I decided to start reintroducing a few. I hadn't had egg yolks or bananas in five months and they were a no go. I hadn't had dairy in over a year and OUCH! It is WORSE than before!

Does this mean I should scratch these off the list forever? I have stopped reintroducing foods. It's not worth it to feel lousy.

Anyone have success in reintroducing foods that you were not successful reintroducing previously? If so, how long did you wait?
Last glutening: 12/28/13 (long time FOR ME!)
April 2014: no more reintroducing foods, not rocking the boat, no studying (except during insomnia)
March 2014: Reintroducing intolerant foods. Yolks & banana are a "no". Dairy NO
Year 2: Mental clarity improving. Hello to normalcy.
October 2013: Functional Medicine doc ref to cardiologist for possible sick sinus syndrome (deadline May)
September 2013: 55+ food intolerances, mercury poisoning, sIgA 50, leaky gut, adrenal fatigue, hormone disruption, ferritin 7, low Vit D, low Vit B6
January2013: Dairy-Free, Soy-free
November 2012: Gluten-Free
Year 1: Migraines resolved, OCD diminished, Change in skin texture, EyeBrows lifting & eyes bigger, Better memory, Better cognitive function, Better problem-solving capabilities, Lower anxiety level, Better outlook, Arrhythmia reduced, hope

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

No. I was diagnosed with a few food allergies and lots of inhalant ones many years ago. I avoided these for a few years. Later, I was able to add eggs back into my diet, but only baked in cookies, etc. Thinking that I have been feeling pretty darn good these last few weeks (aside from a hyperthyroid), I ate an egg for the first time in 20 years! I soft boiled it. Bad choice. I am still reacting to it and it has been five days. I can say that early strict avoidance has calmed down my reactions. Perhaps I should not have not tested eggs during the height of pollen season! Will try again next winter.
Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 CaliSparrow

CaliSparrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

No. I was diagnosed with a few food allergies and lots of inhalant ones many years ago. I avoided these for a few years. Later, I was able to add eggs back into my diet, but only baked in cookies, etc. Thinking that I have been feeling pretty darn good these last few weeks (aside from a hyperthyroid), I ate an egg for the first time in 20 years! I soft boiled it. Bad choice. I am still reacting to it and it has been five days. I can say that early strict avoidance has calmed down my reactions. Perhaps I should not have not tested eggs during the height of pollen season! Will try again next winter.

I know someone who is allergic to a certain fish but only during the springtime when a particular pollen is out. That is so random! I am beginning to believe that stress can cause the body to be more reactive. At least, that's what I'm telling myself ;). I am not going to reintroduce intolerant foods until my life conditions ease up. I hope it's that simple.
April 2014: no more reintroducing foods, not rocking the boat, no studying (except during insomnia)
October 2013: Functional Medicine doc ref to cardiologist for possible sick sinus syndrome (deadline May)
September 2013: 55+ food intolerances, mercury poisoning, sIgA 50, leaky gut, adrenal fatigue, hormone disruption, ferritin 7, low Vit D, low Vit B6
Year 1: Migraines resolved, OCD diminished, Change in skin texture, EyeBrows lifting & eyes bigger, Better memory, Better cognitive function, Better problem-solving capabilities, Lower anxiety level, Better outlook, Arrhythmia reduced, hope

#4 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

Failed every challenge these past three years -- but am starting to get some things back in moderation:

fresh cheeses, butter, cream, corn and rice thus far

-- of course this is since I started with mast cell medications (histamine and mast cell blockers), so I'm not the best example.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#5 CaliSparrow

CaliSparrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

Failed every challenge these past three years -- but am starting to get some things back in moderation:

fresh cheeses, butter, cream, corn and rice thus far

-- of course this is since I started with mast cell medications (histamine and mast cell blockers), so I'm not the best example.

Yum! That's good to know. Whenever I start reading those threads, I mentally check out. I'm assuming if I have these issues, they will make themselves obvious... Maybe on a strong day, I'll do some light reading!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: