No replies to this topic

#1 sweetsailing

sweetsailing

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:05 AM

I just returned from a trip to Siesta Key FL, which is a barrier island off the coast of Sarasota.  I was a bit nervous about finding good gluten free food while there but I was delighted to find some great options.

Demetrio's Pizza (Sarasota) - They had "THE BEST" gluten free pizza that I have ever had.  I have tried alot of gluten free pizza and this was by far the absolute best I have ever had. 

The Hub Baja Grill (Siesta Key) and The Cottage Bar & Grill (Siesta Key) - These two resturants are owned by the same people and run from a common kitchen.  They had great fresh and creative dishes that were naturally gluten free.  I had some great ceviche and an awesome salmon salad. 

Bonjour French Cafe and Crepes (Siesta Key) - We stopped here for breakfast since they advertised gluten free crepes and I wanted to try them.  They make them from buckwheat and although it tasted good, beware cuz I was glutened from them.  I was kind of leery about 4 - 5 bites into it and stopped eating it but it was already too late.  Although they are likely gluten free, I suspect they were cross contaminated and cooked on the same griddle as all the other crepes.  The service here was not great either, so this one was a pass from my perspective. 

Diagnosed Oct 2013 - Double DQ 2 (2.5 and 2.2)

Gluten Free Since April 2013, June 2013, and finally strictly gluten free since Oct 14th 2013 (Ok, it took a few tries to finally realize gluten was my issue)

Mustard Allergy

Osteopenia

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: