17 replies to this topic

#1 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Petco now has gluten-free beer at each and every beer concession stand :)

What's new at your ballpark?

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

Petco now has gluten-free beer at each and every beer concession stand :)

What's new at your ballpark?

Yes!  We can get our gluten-free dogs drunk too!!!! :D

I know this is obviously auto-correct, but I am cracking up!

Edit:  Apparently the San Diego Padres actually play at petco park.  Woof Woof!   LOL

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

Yes!  We can get our gluten-free dogs drunk too!!!! :D

I know this is obviously auto-correct, but I am cracking up!

Edit:  Apparently the San Diego Padres actually play at petco park.  Woof Woof!   LOL

Unfortunately, they don't allow dogs except in the park within the park while games are not in play.

There are, however, gluten-free dogs being served ... ok ... that sounds wrong too!  Lol :)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#4 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

This was for som e of the stadiums last year. Haven't seen one for this year. Out stadium sells, wine, mixed drinks, Red Bridge beer, popcorn from a popcorn only stand, ice creams, frozen lemonade so peanuts, chips, some candy, hotdogs ( no bun ) if you go to the grills not the main concession stands.

http://www.glutenfre...parks-2013.html

http://www.glutenfre...ry-14-2014.html

Also, our ball field lets you being food. If yours doesn't, get in touch with the bosses and they can give you a note to allow some food in. Don't bring in things with the note that you could buy - like a coke. That's just tacky.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

I am not sure if Fenway has any gluten-free stuff.  Maybe Gemini knows.

The Mets' CITIFIELD has a gluten free snack bar. They sell gluten free dogs, burgers, sausages, I believe.

I saw it last summer. ( I say that I "saw it" and did not sample anything from it because I admit, I was too full from breakfast at Freidman's

where I ate a G F bagel and a full breakfast with bacon, etc. and I was a total pig about it ). lol

I did not notice anything like that here at Tradition Field in Port St. Lucie where we watch the spring training. No G F beer or anything.

I ate a lot of Italian Ice, though.  :D 

And yes, you can bring in food if you wish, but no bevs. They check your little cooler bags

I snuck in some mini vodkas (you know like they serve on airplanes?)  and bought seltzer. Not paying $9.00 for a drink. That's robbery during season down here! shameful.

How, you ask? No bag? No coat? You don't wanna know where it was hidden.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6 greenbeanie

greenbeanie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Fenway has a gluten-free stand. They have Fenway Franks and individually-wrapped buns, plus cookies and a few other things. Also, individual mustard and ketchup packets so you don't have to use the main pumps that everyone touches to their wheat buns. It's a separate push-cart-type stand, so it may not always be in the same place. But it's great that it's separate and just one person handles everything, so you don't have to worry about whether they just served a wheat product to someone else.

One of the concession areas also serves wine. I have no idea whether there's gluten-free beer, as I've always hated beer and was not tempted to look for it. Go Sox!

Daughter: Positive tTG-IgA, DGP-IgA, and DGP-IgG. Celiac confirmed by biopsy in June 2013, at age four. Clear gastrointestinal, behavioral, and neurological/sensory symptoms since very early infancy, even when exclusively breastfeeding.

Me: Diagnosis still unclear after extensive testing: Atypical wheat allergy, severe NCGI, or false negative celiac tests? Doctors disagree.Gluten challenge caused acute gastritis, esophagitis, and angioedema that lasted 4 months and was eventually determined to be a sulfite allergy. Gluten light for 15 years, then gluten free since June 2013.
Long history of eczema, chronic diarrhea, steatorrhea, ataxia, peripheral neuropathy, infertility, chronic insomnia, low cholesterol, vitamin deficiencies, and joint pain. Improved greatly within six months of going gluten-free.

#7 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

. Go Sox!

Go sox !

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#8 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

Fenway has a gluten-free stand. They have Fenway Franks and individually-wrapped buns, plus cookies and a few other things. Also, individual mustard and ketchup packets so you don't have to use the main pumps that everyone touches to their wheat buns. It's a separate push-cart-type stand, so it may not always be in the same place. But it's great that it's separate and just one person handles everything, so you don't have to worry about whether they just served a wheat product to someone else.

One of the concession areas also serves wine. I have no idea whether there's gluten-free beer, as I've always hated beer and was not tempted to look for it. Go Sox!

So, what do they charge for the gluten free stuff?  I have to say I never go to ball games, ever.  Not interested, although I do root for my home team, always.  I just don't have the patience to sit through a game...any game......and I would never buy anything to eat there because of the price.  I heard for a hot dog and beer at Fenway they charge over $10.00. It could be more by now. :o   I just cannot in good conscience pay that much for something when I know I am being totally ripped off.  Same with the movies on the few occasions when I might actually go.....never in a million years will I pay $12.00 for a small soda and a small popcorn. :ph34r:

#9 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

So, what do they charge for the gluten free stuff?  I have to say I never go to ball games, ever.  Not interested, although I do root for my home team, always.  I just don't have the patience to sit through a game...any game......and I would never buy anything to eat there because of the price.  I heard for a hot dog and beer at Fenway they charge over $10.00. It could be more by now. :o   I just cannot in good conscience pay that much for something when I know I am being totally ripped off.  Same with the movies on the few occasions when I might actually go.....never in a million years will I pay $12.00 for a small soda and a small popcorn. :ph34r:

Well, at Petco, and the reason I posted -- the gluten-free beer was the same price as "regular" beer and at every single beer concession stand.  Still stadium prices, but at least there was no UPcharge for gluten-free.  I don't personally drink beer at the park.  I drink red wine, which is gluten-free and also, conveniently located at every concession stand.

We have a strictly gluten-free concession, that Petco has had for several years, with dogs and snacks -- haven't visited it this season because I'm still toting my own food into the park.

Will report back with gluten-free snack shack report on May 24th -- retro jersey give-away night -- yep, those of us that are "thrifty" or simply cheap shop tixs by the promotional nights ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#10 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

The beer at Kaufman ( KC Royals) is the same as any bottled beer. Outrageous, yes. But it is so rare that I can go and actually get food items like a normal person. They haven't had any specific gluten-free stuff - so the ice cream, popcorn , etc is the same price. I don't buy concession stand popcorn - it's much better and no cc risk at the popcorn cart.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

#11 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

gluten-free Philly Has come out with their comprehensive post on all the Ballparks!    

http://www.glutenfre...park-guide.html

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#12 killernj13

killernj13

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:18 AM

Yankee Stadium has a gluten-free stand in the Main Hall with hot dogs, sausages and Udi's buns.  They added Morningstar Veggie burgers this year - I assume it comes with a gluten-free bun. 

Also, they have Red Bridge at most of thethe Beers of the World stands.  I was in the 3rd tier and unfortunately had to go down to the Main Level to find it on opening day.

#13 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

The beer at Kaufman ( KC Royals) is the same as any bottled beer. Outrageous, yes. But it is so rare that I can go and actually get food items like a normal person. They haven't had any specific gluten-free stuff - so the ice cream, popcorn , etc is the same price. I don't buy concession stand popcorn - it's much better and no cc risk at the popcorn cart.

Whadaya mean....like a normal person?  I know some would argue this but I consider myself to be a normal person!  :lol:

#14 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

Whadaya mean....like a normal person?  I know some would argue this but I consider myself to be a normal person!  :lol:

Maybe I should say "gluten eater"?  

:o

LTES

#15 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

I've spent time with you. If  "normal" means hilarious, you're very normal.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: