#1 allergyprone

allergyprone

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:01 AM

Hey guys

I went to my Gastro yesterday and because I'm almost done with college and I might be moving she gave me a copy of all of my records. Since being gluten free (5 years) I have had almost no relief from any symptoms and I'm looking for some answers, and no one has been able to give me any.

While I was reading through my records I stumbled across my original biopsy (the evil one that confirmed Celiacs) There was an addendum with a disaccharidase analysis. According to this test I was significantly deficient in lactase, maltase, sucrase, and palatase and it commented that I had a disaccharidase deficiency. I was never told any of this by any of my last 3 gastroenterologists. I have done a little reading and it fits my symptoms, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. Does anyone have any experience with Disaccharidase deficiency? Is this something to pursue and bring up to a Dr.? 

Thanks, 

AP

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

Did you go Dairy Free when you went Gluten Free.  Looks like an oversight by the Doctor if she didn't tell you.  You should call this Doctor and ask her for additional testing for these deficiencies or if it just means go dairy free.  Either way you need to know what this means.  It may well be the reason you are still feeling poorly.

Good Luck

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: