This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Girls Only - Need Advice On Putting On Weight

Matilda

Matilda Enthusiast

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

frenchiemama Collaborator
I just got back from a shopping trip. I was fed-up with looking like a refugee in falling-off clothes. I bought new trousers in size 0 - blimey, I didn't even know that existed. Whilst it was very nice not struggling to cram fat arse in, I got a nasty shock in the harsh lighting. My breasts have completely disappeared! I'm just left with saggy bits- definitely not an attractive look So, any ideas on how to grow back boobs without growing back fat bottom?

Thanks.

Matilda

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! I think if anyone ever figured out that secret, they'd be a millionaire. Lifting weights, doing push ups, and other chest-muscle exercises can help you build a better foundation for that area, which will make you look perkier. Also, you can have about half of my boobs if you want, they get in my way! I've always wished I was smaller up top so I could wear all those cute little tops. :ph34r:

Anyway, the best thing you can do is learn to see the positive of what you have!

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Well...I don't know how you can get some added weight in that area but I *can* tell you that those bra's with the extra padding have helped me out lots. I call them my "false advertisement" bra's. :o:ph34r:

I've never been big and never wanted to be. I was pretty content with my small size. When I first got symptoms 3 years ago I was gaining weight, fluid retention, swelling, bloating...etc. All of a sudden I was gaining weight in all the right places and it was kinda cool while it lasted. People were actually wondering if I'd had a boob job. :rolleyes:

Anyways with my weight going in the other direction for the past year so did my breasts. They were almost gone. :( Now that I'm gluten-free they are pretty much back to normal but I guess I'll never be like I was when I first got sick. Now that I've actually got to experience that...I guess I sorta miss it. Oh well....it was nice while it lasted. :)

Matilda Enthusiast

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I tried out Jenvan's shampoo tip today, and at least I've now got big hair!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol::lol: What was her shampoo tip?

Matilda Enthusiast

Lauren M Explorer

Haha, no advice, but thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one with this problem! I often complain that I wish I could TELL my body where to gain weight - but unfortunately the first places I notice weight loss are my face and my chest. This leaves me looking gaunt and flat... oh well. I wish I had a solution, but at least take comfort in knowing that you are NOT alone B)

- Lauren

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Aubrey Organics shampoo. I tried the Camomile one. It's amazing, my hairs gone all bouncy.

Matilda

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow!

Don't the Aubrey Organics have wheat germ oil in them? Those are the products that clued me into getting retested for gluten intolerance. :blink:

I bought the hairspray, shampoo, conditioner and lotion and that week I got extremely sick and lost weight. I dont remember about the shampoo but the conditioner (which I loved) and the lotion had wheat germ oil. The hairspray had grain alcohol...which I wasnt sure about. :huh:

Matilda Enthusiast

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I wouldn't worry too much if it doesn't say wheat germ oil on the label. The stuff I had said it clearly in the ingredients. Yours must be ok. B)

Matilda Enthusiast

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Sorry to give you a scare. :blink:

I still have all my Aubrey products...except the shampoo. I'm thinking the shampoo must have been OK so I probably continued to use it...otherwise it would've been with the other "bad" stuff cuz I bought them all together. I was really bummed about the conditioner cuz I liked it alot. The lotion is scary stuff...its what really did me in. I was scared to even touch the bottle today when I looked at it. :blink:

Oh yeah...glad you're having a good hair day today! Its funny how stuff like that can really brighten our days. I'm going through bad hair days right now...boo-hoo. :(

Matilda Enthusiast

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Well, Rachel, you look very beautiful in your picture! I hope your hair's feeling better very soon.

Matilda

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks..my hair thanks you too. :)

For whatever reason going gluten-free caused me to start losing hair. It had finally grown in nice and thick during the summer and now its going through some kind of crisis again. :rolleyes:

Luckily I LOVE baseball hats! I don't even bother with my hair lately...I'll just wait for it to grow in again. B)

Alyssa Milaine Newbie

how embarassing for a first post but i know how you feel!! since finally figuring out my problem and going gluten-free i have lost so much weight i packed on unexplicably, but in all the wrong places!

Alyssa :)

floridanative Community Regular

Matilda - is the Aubrey Organics Rosa Maqueta shampoo the one for bounce that is gluten-free? I'm going to a specialty store that carries it this week and I don't want to get the wrong thing. I think I understood your note correctly but wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

jenvan Collaborator

hey--i've missed being talked about today :) matilda--so glad you're hair is doing well! i swear--that rosa mosqueta shampoo makes my hair look awesome! i am a big advertiser for it now :)

as for the shampoo--here are the ingredients, i cked with the manufacturer before i used and it is gluten-free: INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water, Coconut Oil-Corn Oil Soap, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (made from organic, non-GMO soybeans), Organic Corn Syrup, Carrageenan, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil, St. John's Wort Oil, Horsetail Extract, Coltsfoot Extract, Aminobenzoic Acid, Essential Oil Blend (Lavender Oil, Bergamot Oil, Ylang Ylang), Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

it is the conditioners that have wheat germ oil in them. for a conditioner i use giovanni smooth as silk.

have any of you ladies seen the movie "beautiful girls?" i highly recommend it. anywho, there's a scene in it that is hilarious--where rosie o goes off about women and boob size--how God gave "skinny" women small boobs and the "larger" women larger boobs to be fair. it is very funny. on that note, there aren't any tricks, unfortunately. usually the only way to gain breast size is to just gain weight all over...which i know you are having a problem with. when i was super skinny anexoric at 85lbs i had nadda. but once i reached a healthy weight again, i got those boobs back :) maybe you just need some patience and healthy weight-gain all over... how are you doing with all that?

debmidge Rising Star

When someone gets the answer to the "gain weight in one place only" question please let me know. I have been working on this puzzle for over 30 years. All my life I've been bust size 2 sizes smaller than hip, no matter how high or low my weight got. Right now I am 14 on top, 12 in middle and 18 on bottom, I've been as low as 8/6/10 (only time in my life I was almost same size all over), but can't stay that way for long as breathing causes me to gain weight, and my family told me I lost too much weight and became almost gaunt for my frame (133? 5' 5"). Anyway, at my present weight of 169 (?) If I could push it up from hip to bust, I'd look like Dolly Parton! I told my husband that line and his eyes lit up and excitedly he asked, "They can really do that?" Husbands, you gotta love them.

My husband and I are opposite in that area: his celiac causes him to struggle to keep his weight on and oxygen makes me gain it.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Debmidge,I am just like you in that my husband struggles to keep what little weight he has on-whereas I only have to look at food!....it's a constant battle!

I too am 'pear' shaped no matter how my weight fluctuates.

Matilda Enthusiast

jenvan Collaborator

matilda--

i may have asked you all this before, so forgive if i have... have you gained any weight back at all? are you 100% gluten-free? what has your doc said about all this? oh, and no worries on talking about me. i don't care if anyone talks about me here--as long as it isn't..."have you heard that jenvan girl? she is a beotch!" :P

Matilda Enthusiast

Matilda Enthusiast

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Matilda,

109 doesnt sound too bad to me. Are you very tall? You actually weigh more than me...I'm at 105...up from 94lbs 2 months ago. I gained 10 lbs. pretty quickly once I got rid of all the gluten but I'm just stuck at 105 now. I'd like about 15 lbs more but I'd be happy with 10. I'm only 5'2 so 105 looks normal on me and its what I weighed most of my life anyways. I was at about 122 right before I got sick...I had no idea where the weight came from but I loved it. Now I'm thinking I'm probably never gonna weigh that again...I think it was probably from the gluten. Does anybody ever gain weight at first and then as symptoms worsen lose it all fast? Also I've lost my buttocks quite a few times this past year...not just one either...both of them gone...just wasted away. I hate when that happens. :angry:

Felidae Enthusiast

I too am stuck at 120 lbs. And I am tall. My husband said I have been losing my butt again. That really does suck. For some reason I have also been sick for the past few weeks and I'm not too sure what it is.

Archived