6 replies to this topic

#1 daytonav8

daytonav8

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

I have had Celiac Disease for years and really starting having problems about 5 years ago.

I take meds on a regular basis and I printed a list to take to my Dr.  We tried to use other med but Bystolic is the only one that help with my BP and HR.

Now I'm in a celiac crisis and don't know what to do.  I'm so burn't out trying to stay healthy.  I get violently sick for days and have to be admitted into the hospital.

Does anyone have a suggestion about any meds that are close to Bystolic?  I have been trying to use other BP meds and they cause me to swell.

Thanks to anyone that has any suggestions.

Elizabeth :wub: 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:57 AM

You may need to have it made at a compounding pharmacy if you don't find a substitute.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 JodyM75

JodyM75

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:37 AM

You may need to have it made at a compounding pharmacy if you don't find a substitute.

Colleen

Oh, good suggestion!

I went directly to my pharmacist to ask about my meds, not my doctor.  I always get better info directly from the people who deal with the meds and manufacturers. 

#4 daytonav8

daytonav8

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:36 AM

Oh, good suggestion!

I went directly to my pharmacist to ask about my meds, not my doctor.  I always get better info directly from the people who deal with the meds and manufacturers. 

Thank you both.  Still some manufacturers still have no idea.  I even printed a list of all gluten free meds.  The meds that are gluten free are not helping my hereditary high BP

#5 gerbilgirl

gerbilgirl

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

This has been crossing my mind lately too.  I am on multiple medications.  I don't have a severe gluten intolerance but still.  I have a question, if I take a generic of a gluten free medication I guess there would be a possibility the coating of the generic could have gluten, correct? 

#6 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:14 PM

This has been crossing my mind lately too.  I am on multiple medications.  I don't have a severe gluten intolerance but still.  I have a question, if I take a generic of a gluten free medication I guess there would be a possibility the coating of the generic could have gluten, correct?

Any medication can contain gluten (inside and the coating). You have to check with the manufacturer. You can ask the pharmacist to help you.
Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7 daytonav8

daytonav8

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

Yes, gluten is used as a binding agent so you can't be sure either way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: