This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Albertson's Rocks

elonwy

elonwy Enthusiast

I was in the Albertsons near me today, in the health/diet food aisle, and I found Tinkyada pasta. I was so excited. I went and found a Manager and held up the bag and said thank you so much for carrying this, you don't know what it means to me. He was very pleased and said that they had just redone the aisle yesterday, and this was a new product for them. I nearly hugged the guy. They also had Namaste stuff and some aramanth crackers. As soon as they start carrying Mrs. Leepers I may not have to go to Whole Foods again!

I live in Los Angeles, and the Albertsons is on Palms and Sepulveda, for those in the area.

I emailed Albertsons a month ago telling them thank you for carrying gluten free stuff, I hope to see more etc, etc. Not saying I changed the world, but it sure is happening.

Elonwy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

debmidge Rising Star

That's great. I hope the Acme near me (which is owned by Albertson's) follows their lead.

Jnkmnky Collaborator
I was in the Albertsons near me today, in the health/diet food aisle, and I found Tinkyada pasta. I was so excited. I went and found a Manager and held up the bag and said thank you so much for carrying this, you don't know what it means to me. He was very pleased and said that they had just redone the aisle yesterday, and this was a new product for them. I nearly hugged the guy. They also had Namaste stuff and some aramanth crackers. As soon as they start carrying Mrs. Leepers I may not have to go to Whole Foods again!

I live in Los Angeles, and the Albertsons is on Palms and Sepulveda, for those in the area.

I emailed Albertsons a month ago telling them thank you for carrying gluten free stuff, I hope to see more etc, etc. Not saying I changed the world, but it sure is happening.

Elonwy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It took me three months, but I got my Albertson's to carry those items as well. It began about a month ago...maybe they're all going to eventually get the items in. If your albertson's isn't carrying these items yet, you can use this info to encourage them to do so.

jrom987 Apprentice

FYI - my Sateway in AZ carries Amy's frozen foods which are really, really good! They are starting to carry a few things so maybe it will catch on with all the grocery stores. Whole Foods is a great place but they are a bit pricey. I need to check out my Albertson's. Thanks for the heads up!

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Yeah for Albertsons!

My neighborhood grocery store is Raleys and they have Food for Life, Amys, Mi-Del, Pamela's, Ener-G, Glutino and lots more...I feel very fortunate.

I actually work for Safeway and they have NOTHING for me at my store. They are way behind the rest when it comes to gluten-free foods. :angry:

4getgluten Rookie

Elonwy - Thanks so much for the info!! I work in West LA. I know exactly where that store is. I'll also check at my neighborhood Albertson's to see what they have. I was just in Whole Foods, and the cashier was so rude that I vowed never to go back. I don't know if I'll be able to stick to that, but at least I can start getting some stuff at Albertson's. Thanks for sharing.

tarnalberry Community Regular

The Safeway up here in WA and the QFC have a smattering (and odd selection, but it's there) of gluten-free items as well, including the pasta and some Amy's stuff.

BTW, the Namaste stuff... My husband actually thought the pancake mix was "pretty good"! That's high praise from the Bisquick fan with the super aware tastebuds! :-)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jrom987 Apprentice

Just wanted to add this. I went to Albertson's yesterday and I had to ask where gluten free foods were. They do not have their special foods separate from everything else. I had to look with all the regular food. I found the cereal but didn't feel like spending 5 hours in the grocery store last night. :D I will look at more items next time I go there. I do have to say that Sprouts, Whole Foods, and stores such as those are much easier to shop at! You just walk down the isle and read the labels. The Sprouts by me puts big green stickers on the shelf where gluten-free foods are. That is so nice because I just walk and look at the stickers.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Just wanted to add this. I went to Albertson's yesterday and I had to ask where gluten free foods were. They do not have their special foods separate from everything else. I had to look with all the regular food. I found the cereal but didn't feel like spending 5 hours in the grocery store last night.  :D I will look at more items next time I go there. I do have to say that Sprouts, Whole Foods, and stores such as those are much easier to shop at! You just walk down the isle and read the labels. The Sprouts by me puts big green stickers on the shelf where gluten-free foods are. That is so nice because I just walk and look at the stickers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is what I love about Raley's. The gluten-free stuff is all together in one area and I dont have to go all over the store....just one aisle. :D

Archived