20 replies to this topic

cahill

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:09 AM

Update;

After some delays and issues I finally had a full knee replacement done in August .

Not for the faint of heart ,lol It is a tough surgery and rehab .

I still have some pain but I am finally back to work full time .

I  also need the other knee done but think I will hold off a bit ,,, I am glad I did the one knee but just not quite ready to go thur that again ( yet )

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

Celiac.com Sponsor:

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:09 PM

HI, Don't wait to long for the second knee... Our PT daughter thinks the recovery is better when one doesn't wait until they are wheel-chair bound.... some docs say the same... my hubby waited two years on the second one when doc said do it within a couple months... the outcome has been totally opposite from the first one.. He even fell on the first one a few weeks after surgery ---- still better than the second one! It's been a year since the second one & he stills has some issues with it..... the first one is perfect like he never had it done! hugs

mamaw

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:11 AM

I had a lot of allergic reactions to the drugs so it took me   about 10 months of rehab but now its back to normal and i trust the  fake knee more than the other real one that they want to change soon too. Like the Chicago Cubs,  wait till next year is what I keep telling them!

Update;

After some delays and issues I finally had a full knee replacement done in August .

Not for the faint of heart ,lol It is a tough surgery and rehab .

I still have some pain but I am finally back to work full time .

I  also need the other knee done but think I will hold off a bit ,,, I am glad I did the one knee but just not quite ready to go thur that again ( yet )

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

cahill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:25 PM

I had a lot of allergic reactions to the drugs so it took me   about 10 months of rehab but now its back to normal and i trust the  fake knee more than the other real one that they want to change soon too. Like the Chicago Cubs,  wait till next year is what I keep telling them!

that is what I said ken,lol

I had an arthroscopy  on the bad knee in Dec. Doc was able to " clean it up a bit" as he says. He cleaned up some of the arthritis and repaired some of the midiscus damage but the exposed bone is still an issue  :ph34r:  so maybe next year :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:45 PM

i hear yah!  The  bone on bone is no fun

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:02 AM

For what it's worth my knee is bone on bone,,, for about 2 years now.. I was to the point where I couldn't walk much without assistance & couldn't do steps... I went to several knee docs, all agreed with the bone on bone dx's but like Ken & Cheryl I have severe reactions to the planet so all three docs agreed that I would have to be wheel chair bound for them to try a replacement... drugs & me just don't get along then the metal in the replacement ! I have been checked for the metals used in the different makes of knee replacements.... I responded poorly to all that is available at t his time..A knee replacement is
final so they don't want to give me one only to have to remove it & no options after that but a wheel
chair....
I take Ibuprofen daily, & the best help I've found is cold laser therapy.. if I do that a couple times a week I can do walking & a few stairs one on one...Cold laser is sometimes hard to find ( our town only has one guy) but it is worth the search.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: