5 replies to this topic

#1 Yarnstormer

Yarnstormer

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

I visited a GI doc today for chronic constipation. Because of my history of low ferritin, low vit D, and osteopenia I enquired about a celiac test. He remembered doing a biopsy 3 years ago (he read my chart!) but he immediately agreed to a blood test saying that celiac can be "spotty" and easy to miss!!!!

So glad I went in. My primary refused to do a celiac test because I don't have diarrhea.

He also agreed to H Pylori test because I have a history of reflux and he did not take a sample during my tests 3 years ago. I love that guy.

And he was wearing some kicka$$ boots too

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

Lol

I'm glad he's on the ball. Most stories we here around here are about how octopus have made mistakes. It is nice to hear about a good doc, with good boots. ;)

Good luck with the testing, and remember to keep eating gluten until all tests are done. :)
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

If you would like to mention his name and city, it might help someone else.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#4 Yarnstormer

Yarnstormer

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

If you would like to mention his name and city, it might help someone else.

Ahh...was not sure that was allowed. It was dr. Curt Ray @ gastroenterology assoc of Augusta, ga.

#5 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:19 PM

As long as it isn't your own personal business, it fine. We have someone right now looking for a doc in Georgia. I'll link him here.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6 Yarnstormer

Yarnstormer

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

Update....celiac blood test was negative. I do not have numbers however.

Last Sunday night I developed diverticulitis. I caught it early and have been able treat it with oral antibiotics. It's not fun tho. I'm back to doc Thursday for a follow up of my previous visit. At lease he might take my concerns very seriously now. I want a salad and I want it now!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: