Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

How Do You Emotionally Deal With Setbacks?

setback glutened

• Please log in to reply

102 replies to this topic

#31 icelandgirl

icelandgirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

Laughter really is the best medicine -- and sometimes the only thing that helps -- hope you are feeling stronger today :)

I absolutely am...thank you!!  The only thing I wish is that we were all sitting around drinking our coffee/tea and laughing over this together.  I love that you all get where I'm coming from.

January 2014-Celiac
August 2014- Hashimoto's

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 icelandgirl

icelandgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:11 PM

Gotta laugh. Laughing is essential. (and here's a secret... jumping gelato is world-wide!) 

That's good to know...anywhere I go, gelato may jump into my shopping cart.  Yum!

January 2014-Celiac
August 2014- Hashimoto's

Bob Marley

#33 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

I absolutely am...thank you!!  The only thing I wish is that we were all sitting around drinking our coffee/tea and laughing over this together.  I love that you all get where I'm coming from.

So, are you from Iceland or actually in Iceland?  Because I have Iceland on my places to visit and if I do, and you are there, we could definitely get together for tea/coffee/wine......whatever you drink.  Can't have the jumping gelato but I do love a good glass of red wine!  ;)

#34 icelandgirl

icelandgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

So, are you from Iceland or actually in Iceland?  Because I have Iceland on my places to visit and if I do, and you are there, we could definitely get together for tea/coffee/wine......whatever you drink.  Can't have the jumping gelato but I do love a good glass of red wine!  ;)

I'm from Iceland, but have lived in the States since I was 8. A lot of my family still lives there and I highly recommend a visit!

I love a glass of red wine too...
January 2014-Celiac
August 2014- Hashimoto's

Bob Marley

#35 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

Then, it's settled...wine and gelato and we're all set.  ^_^

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#36 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:48 PM

LOL...The Jumping Gelato was a one time thing -- it is buried in my freezer for me to "trial" at some point.

But I do drink coffee every morning and red wine nearly every evening -- so I am in -- plus who doesn't want to travel ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#37 icelandgirl

icelandgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

Then, it's settled...wine and gelato and we're all set.  ^_^

Sounds perfect!
January 2014-Celiac
August 2014- Hashimoto's

Bob Marley

#38 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

Well...now all we have to do is come up with a meeting place.  I'll bring the wine..... :D

Yes, Iceland will be visited in the not so distant future.  Mu husband and I want to see the aurora's, not to mention the natural beauty of Iceland.  I have also heard it is not too hot, weather wise, which is number one on my list of advantages in travel.  I know someone else here who will like that......right, GottaSki?  ;)

#39 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

and I'll bring more wine  :D

a land in which I do not need to tote my personal cooling pack -- watch out -- I may move in ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#40 CajunChic

CajunChic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

I so appreciated this post! I had a meltdown after making myself sick with corn, which was an unknown intolerance : / I'm so grateful for this forum and the great people with such encouraging words! I even sat and watched my family eat Taco Bell and KFC today and was feeling sorry for myself, as I ate nothing and just ran to the bathroom repeatedly. Glad I came across this post today, much needed! I sure wish I had that celiac BFF, too!!

"Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul."
3 John 1:2

#41 icelandgirl

icelandgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

I so appreciated this post! I had a meltdown after making myself sick with corn, which was an unknown intolerance : / I'm so grateful for this forum and the great people with such encouraging words! I even sat and watched my family eat Taco Bell and KFC today and was feeling sorry for myself, as I ate nothing and just ran to the bathroom repeatedly. Glad I came across this post today, much needed! I sure wish I had that celiac BFF, too!!

I'm so glad that this post helped you, it helped me so much too.  I'll be your celiac bff!  :rolleyes:

January 2014-Celiac
August 2014- Hashimoto's

Bob Marley

#42 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

We're all BFF's with Celiac and I'm glad we made you feel better. You do not want to eat Taco Bell or KFC........not only will your gut feel horrible, it really clogs those arteries! Do you like wine?

#43 icelandgirl

icelandgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

Well...now all we have to do is come up with a meeting place.  I'll bring the wine..... :D

Yes, Iceland will be visited in the not so distant future.  Mu husband and I want to see the aurora's, not to mention the natural beauty of Iceland.  I have also heard it is not too hot, weather wise, which is number one on my list of advantages in travel.  I know someone else here who will like that......right, GottaSki?  ;)

It is a beautiful place...the auroras are amazing.  It's not hot...ever.  The middle of summer, it is not hot in any way.  I don't know where you live or what kind of weather you are used to but moving from there to here was a huge shock in the change in weather.  I had never experienced 90 degree weather in my life.  

January 2014-Celiac
August 2014- Hashimoto's

Bob Marley

#44 icelandgirl

icelandgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

and I'll bring more wine  :D

a land in which I do not need to tote my personal cooling pack -- watch out -- I may move in ;)

First you all had me at Gelato and now you've really got me with wine!

January 2014-Celiac
August 2014- Hashimoto's

Bob Marley

#45 CajunChic

CajunChic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:26 PM

I'm so glad that this post helped you, it helped me so much too. I'll be your celiac bff! :rolleyes:

Total day-turn around!!!

We're all BFF's with Celiac and I'm glad we made you feel better. You do not want to eat Taco Bell or KFC........not only will your gut feel horrible, it really clogs those arteries! Do you like wine?

I hear ya, but it smelled good!!! And I love a sweet, cheap moscato : )
((I need those emoticons!))

"Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul."
3 John 1:2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: