#1 upsilamba

upsilamba

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hi all,

Does anyone know a decent primary care doctor in NYC (ideally Brooklyn, but i don't want to get too greedy with my wishlist)?

I was diagnosed w/ celiac almost a year ago and am still struggling to feel healthy again (despite never eating out and following a totally paranoid diet). I know it can take more than a year to feel better, but between the gastro stuff and the fatigue and all the other weird symptoms, it's making it pretty hard to live my life : )

At this point, I'm thinking more and more that I have some other issue going on (autoimmune, or gastro, or other types of foods that are bothering me), but my current primary care doc has been pretty useless in helping me to pursue those, and the nutritionist i started seeing hasn't even heard of FODMAPS... I see a great GI doc at the celiac center, but after diagnosing me w/ a B12 deficiency he pretty much left me on my own to address/monitor it, so that's my most urgent reason for finding a new primary care!

But in general I would LOVE to find a primary care dr who would help me to monitor stuff like that, and to investigate the different possibilities for why I'm still so sick. If anyone has a primary care that they like, I'd be so grateful for suggestions!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: