Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Symptom Question

7 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me if very narrow and soft stools are commonly a symptom of celiac?

I know narrow stools can be a symptom of colon cancer but can also be a symptom of other diseases.

Thanks.

Ads by Google:

Holly, I often have very narrow, soft stools (not so much any more since being on the diet), so it could very well be a symptom of celiac disease.

Can anyone tell me if very narrow and soft stools are commonly a symptom of celiac?

I know narrow stools can be a symptom of colon cancer but can also be a symptom of other diseases.

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have diverticulosis and when I eat something I shouldn't (nuts, seseme seeds, any small seedy things) my stools are thin and soft.

Thanks to both of you for the feedback. I didn't want to sit around worried about colon cancer.

I'm still trying to work up the nerve to have the tests done although my blood work came back negative.

Something is definitely not right.

Holly

nettie beds-- what are your other diver. symptoms? do you get pain? do all the seeds etc pass through?

nettie beds-- what are your other diver. symptoms?  do you get pain?  do all the seeds etc pass through?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The most annoying symptom to me is the feeling that I just don't completely "empty" - that there's something more in my colon but won't come out. (sorry to be so graphic) The other is pain, well more like acute discomfort across my abdomin below my belly button. But after a day or two things go back to normal. Hope this helps you some.

Some kind of constriction or blockage can cause narrow stools. Also, hemmorhoids can cause stools to narrow. Basically, anything that cuts down the diameter of the passage.