6 replies to this topic

#1 hollyd

hollyd

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:02 PM

Can anyone tell me if very narrow and soft stools are commonly a symptom of celiac?

I know narrow stools can be a symptom of colon cancer but can also be a symptom of other diseases.

Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:55 PM

Holly, I often have very narrow, soft stools (not so much any more since being on the diet), so it could very well be a symptom of celiac disease.
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 nettiebeads

nettiebeads

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:20 AM

Can anyone tell me if very narrow and soft stools are commonly a symptom of celiac?

I know narrow stools can be a symptom of colon cancer but can also be a symptom of other diseases.

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have diverticulosis and when I eat something I shouldn't (nuts, seseme seeds, any small seedy things) my stools are thin and soft.
gluten-free since Oct 1996

#4 hollyd

hollyd

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:15 PM

Thanks to both of you for the feedback. I didn't want to sit around worried about colon cancer.

I'm still trying to work up the nerve to have the tests done although my blood work came back negative.

Something is definitely not right.

Holly

#5 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:50 AM

nettie beds-- what are your other diver. symptoms? do you get pain? do all the seeds etc pass through?
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

#6 nettiebeads

nettiebeads

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:55 AM

nettie beds-- what are your other diver. symptoms?  do you get pain?  do all the seeds etc pass through?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The most annoying symptom to me is the feeling that I just don't completely "empty" - that there's something more in my colon but won't come out. (sorry to be so graphic) The other is pain, well more like acute discomfort across my abdomin below my belly button. But after a day or two things go back to normal. Hope this helps you some.
gluten-free since Oct 1996

#7 darkangel

darkangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:04 AM

Some kind of constriction or blockage can cause narrow stools. Also, hemmorhoids can cause stools to narrow. Basically, anything that cuts down the diameter of the passage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: