8 replies to this topic

#1 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

She isn't taking messages!  IS YOUR MAILBOX CLEANED OUT?  I better get mine cleaned out.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

People do have the option to not receive Pms.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

Hi D...I don't use this PM system.

What ya need?

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:04 PM

I was just going to say...well, I know Lisa was on vacation in Yosemite last week on a much-needed vacation,  and now she is home, but yes, not everyone uses the PMs.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:27 AM

Once in a while I just like to try to catch the attention of someone I think can help with a thread.

As for my mailbox, I will soon not be receiving mail, because I can't part with so many messages from the last 2 years!

#6 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:37 AM

Feel free to link a thread here whenever you like.

I'll see it as I have responded within this thread.

Take care!

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#7 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

I guess I thought you were the one that did 3 annual endoscopies.  I noticed a couple of endoscopy threads that I wondered if you could help with.  Oh, yeah one thread seemed to be saying there would be no damage left after 2 years gluten free.  I have no idea where that thread was anymore.  Another thread finally has some answers now.  Thanks.

#8 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

I guess I thought you were the one that did 3 annual endoscopies. I noticed a couple of endoscopy threads that I wondered if you could help with. Oh, yeah one thread seemed to be saying there would be no damage left after 2 years gluten free. I have no idea where that thread was anymore. Another thread finally has some answers now. Thanks.

Yep...I had four endoscopies...one each year for four years...the first three were similar. Only the last showed minor improvement, but still marsh iii b's and c's.

I do not have refractory celiac.

Edited to add: my case is not the norm. While many folks have lingering symptoms, most have villi recover substantially in correlation to their improved celiac antibody and nutrient absorption levels. My antibodies are all near zero and nutrients have all recovered well.

Edited by GottaSki, 19 May 2014 - 04:09 PM.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#9 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

Thanks, I am 2+ years gluten free and facing a colonoscopy, so why not do the endoscopy at the same time? I had decades, ( if not a lifetime of damage), so I expect it to take a long while.  Though I am well,  I am still in transition with feelings of constant healing, but still have some tenderness in the intestine at least at times.  I could see if I could get diagnosed by endoscopy or if healing has taken place.  NO WAY need I to think of a gluten challenge.  I am going to try to consult with the GI doctor to see if they know what they are doing first.  Also, if they care to look without the gluten challenge. 

Hopefully, everyone will post their ideas for questions in the other thread. 

Dee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: