5 replies to this topic

#1 Rusla

Rusla

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:36 AM

I know Rachel has said that her TMJ quit when she went gluten-free.

I have had TMJ for well over 25 years, everytime I go to the dentist for work they have to put me out because of the pain from the TMJ. Now, I have had to go to the dentist 2 times a week in the last month. First we filled a tooth and the filling immediately came out. So, he drilled deeper and put a bigger filling in, which is the way of what is left of my teeth that I have left. Well that absessed instantly to such a painful point it had to be pulled out. I am still on antibiotics and it has been over a week since it was pulled. I have been back twice last week and going back today again. My mouth hurts so much and I still have pain in the place where the tooth is missing. This is the longest this has ever gone on for with a tooth. I am concerned because I have lost over 11 teeth in less than 5 years and 4 of those teeth were last year.

I was wondering if any of you confirmed Celiacs have this lasting pain problem etc., before or after you have been gluten-free.

Thanks so much,

Rusla
Rusla

Asthma-1969
wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980
Multiple food, environmental allergies
allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha
Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975
fibromyalgia-1995
egg allergy-1997
msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972
Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease
gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005
Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005
Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)
Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Rusla

Rusla

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:43 AM

I have lost a phenominal amount of teeth in the last five years. Now, I have had an ongoing tooth problem for over a month. One filling came out, they drilled deepered and put in the second one and then the tooth instantly absessed. I am on antibiotics and the tooth was pulled a week ago and my mouth still hurts and there is pain where the tooth was, they have x-rayed it to see that it was all out. Do or did any of you have these kind of probleems before or after gluten-free?

Also before the discovery of the Hashimoto's my urine had a nasty peculiar smell to it, there shows no infection per se. However, even with the synthroid it has not disappeared. So once again the question is the same as above.

Thanks,

Rusla
Rusla

Asthma-1969
wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980
Multiple food, environmental allergies
allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha
Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975
fibromyalgia-1995
egg allergy-1997
msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972
Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease
gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005
Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005
Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)
Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

#3 ms_sillyak_screwed

ms_sillyak_screwed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:56 AM

Hi my celiac friends.

I am also going to the dentist because of a tooth problem. I will say this -- I have read that loss of tooth enamel is common in C D. I have experieced it. It's painful. But I noticed -- Rusla -- you are on thyroid medication. I read when your T's I think it's T4 is too high it causes tooth loss tooth problems... and my T4 was off the chart just before this problem.

Now the dentist wants me to take antibiotic before the root canal and crown. Any ideas anyone?

I'm wondering what I can take ANTIBIOTIC that will not kill me.

Edited by ms_sillyak_screwed, 06 December 2005 - 05:48 PM.

#4 darkangel

darkangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:06 AM

I was diagnosed with TMJ in college. And I've noticed a definite decline in my teeth, which used to always be excellent. Got my first crown last year. I attributed it to being on prednisone. I was also diagnosed with osteopenia, so I figured if my bones were suffering, my teeth would, too. Since I've turned my health around for the better, my bone density has improved.

#5 eeyor_fan

eeyor_fan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:43 AM

I've been terrified lately with tooth pain and reciding/itch gums in the last couple months since I actually went gluten-free. I always had perfect teeth, now I'm afraid I'm going to end up losing them. My mouth is so dry no matter how much water I drink!
I first tested positive for celiac in August 2004. Born/raised in Canada, now lives in NJ. Borderline RA and problems with GI muscle disfunction since Dec 2005...BUT FIGHTING BACK HARDER EVERY DAY!!!

Life has no dress rehersals so live each moment as if it were your last! At the end of the day it is YOU that you have to answer to. Karma and fate is what you choose it to be! Never sacrafice your dreams or beliefs. If someone truely likes you, they like you for who you are, not what they want you to be!
Bridget

#6 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:44 PM

Hi my celiac friends.

I am also going to the dentist because of a tooth problem. I will say this -- I have read that loss of tooth enamel is common in C D. I have experieced it. It's painful. But I noticed -- Rusla -- you are on thyroid medication. I read when your T's I think it's T4 is too high it causes tooth loss tooth problems... and my T4 was off the chart just before this problem.

Now the dentist wants me to take antibiotic before the root canal and crown. Any ideas anyone?

I'm wondering what I can take ANTIBIOTIC that will not kill me.

I responded on your other post about this subject. Do check with the dentist to make sure you're not just finding a gluten-free antibiotic, but a gluten-free antibiotic that is appropriate for this type of work.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: