2 replies to this topic

#1 soaps38

soaps38

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:17 AM

I am going to Blackpool for the weekend in July and am gluten free.  Can anyone suggest any good places to eat that will cater for me? I also don't eat meat though do eat fish, just to be that tad more awkward!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cristiana

cristiana

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

Hi Soaps.  Not sure if you are a British Celiac (Coeliac). If you are you will probably be aware that Frankie & Benny's do a gluten-free menu these days which has been a real lifesaver for me as I have children who enjoy eating there so now we can all eat when we go out.   :)  There does appear to be one in Blackpool - it has good reviews.   

http://www.frankiean...n Free Menu.pdf

I hope you manage to find a gluten-free Fish and Chip shop which is of course the thing to eat in Blackpool!

Diagnosed by blood test and endoscopy Spring 2013

Adopted a gluten-free diet in May 2013

BRITISH

#3 Saz

Saz

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:45 AM

If you live in UK then just ignore all the below as is only about general places. 

. Was in Blackpool very briefly earlier this year. There is a Pizza Express there, I didn't go to that specific one but tried others throughout England and the gluten-free pizzas are some of the best I've ever tasted, I even had to check the gave me the right one. Otherwise try to find a Marks and Spencer (food version) or Tesco Sainsburys. Also Mcdonalds fries were ok when I was in Uk last. ( only four months ago but best check). There is a chain called Gourmet Burger Kitchen- they have gluten-free burgers but I'm not sure if the veggie patties were gluten-free, but they might do a salad. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: