Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Odd Findings In Toilet (Help?! - Warning, Gross)

• Please log in to reply

19 replies to this topic

#1 Waitingindreams

Waitingindreams

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:27 AM

(I'm sorry this is so gross, guys! I just am desperate for answers.I'm trying to be descriptive without being 'too detailed' if you know what I mean.)

I've tried googling this already, but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. This is very confusing and a bit unsettling. Note, I do have an appointment to see my doctor at the end of the month (5/30) and I do plan to ask him about this - but I want to see if anyone else has experienced this or has any clue what could possibly be going on. 

I believe this started yesterday morning... or the day before, I can't remember for sure - but it's a very new occurrence. I have not seen this before at all

I went to the bathroom and I believed I had a very small bowel movement. I felt it, everything felt normal enough, etc. When I looked in the toilet, there was a small, completely white blob/ball. It almost looked like a wadded up piece of toilet paper. There was no blood or stool in it. It didn't hurt or anything, but still..what? 

I've had about 2-3 bowel movements since, and every time...there is a white blob with my stool, but not in my stool. Meaning...it's not mixed into the stool, it's not long or threaded into it...it's just...there along with it. There is never any blood or stool mixed into it. It does not come out when I only urinate, it only comes out when I have a bowel movement. Each time, it is about the size of my thumb nail. It definitely is not just white poop...but it also looks more solid than mucus. It looks white enough to be toilet paper or maybe even white seaweed. I have NEVER seen anything like this throughout my diagnosis. I have not introduced any new foods, I'm not on any medications (besides Allegra for allergies which I've been taking for years) Though I have cut out some foods...corn being the main one I'm trying to avoid. 

I've considered the possibility that it is candida passing through? Maybe? I've googled pictures and I haven't found anything that looks close to what I am trying to describe. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Thanks in advance! 

Diagnosed via blood test: July 2013

Digestive Issues: Lactose Intolerance, Candidiasis, recurring hiatal hernia, possible SIBO

Skin Issues: Rosacea, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Tinea Versicolor

Sleeping Issues: Idiopathic Central Nervous System Hypersomnia, Sleep Paralysis

Allergies: Severe Seasonal allergies,histamine intolerance (under control) sulpha drugs, Oral Allergy Syndrome

Other: TMJ, Gallstones, Orthostatic Hypotension, Dysmennorhea, possible Adrenal Fatigue

Gluten Free - 07/13, Soy Free 05/14, Legume Free 05/14, Dairy Free 09/14, Grain Free 10/14

"I am in control of my own health" - working on crossing everything off this list.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:41 AM

I don't want to see it but maybe you should take a picture for your doctor?

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 Waitingindreams

Waitingindreams

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:51 AM

HAHA! I don't want to see it either :'(  I don't think I'd be comfortable posting it online even if people did ask, haha.

Blech..it's gross, but taking a photo for him might be a good idea though. I'm hoping it's just the candida passing through but I have no idea :(

Digestive Issues: Lactose Intolerance, Candidiasis, recurring hiatal hernia, possible SIBO

Allergies: Severe Seasonal allergies,histamine intolerance (under control) sulpha drugs, Oral Allergy Syndrome

Other: TMJ, Gallstones, Orthostatic Hypotension, Dysmennorhea, possible Adrenal Fatigue

Gluten Free - 07/13, Soy Free 05/14, Legume Free 05/14, Dairy Free 09/14, Grain Free 10/14

"I am in control of my own health" - working on crossing everything off this list.

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:37 AM

oh man, I wanted to see what it was..!! I thought there would be pictures! what? don't look at me like that K.....lol

I am like BONES. Forensic stuff is cool. lol

Could be mucus. This is not a bad thing, but it does warrant a mention to the doc. 

He may have you do a stool sample testing so the lab can take a look at it.

Unless it is crawling, I would not get too worried about it. (sorry, I had to say that before anyone else did....) ^_^

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5 Waitingindreams

Waitingindreams

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:45 AM

Bwahaha. Well, it wasn't crawling but it was swimming like a fish. I didn't think that was worth mentioning though?

Lol.

It's so confusing, I wish I could explain it better. Like...it doesn't look like the actual consistency of mucus....it looks more like balled up (white) seaweed. So strange. I've read that yeast is usually white, so it could be just the candida coming out...I do tend to stick to a low sugar diet (apart from organic berries) and I just gave up corn...but I still eat brown rice.

I feel like my body is a science experiment sometimes  :angry: E-nough already!

#6 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

Once or twice I saw a white swimming creature in the toilet he was 1/2 inch long with a tail.    I looked it up on the internet and there was such a thing!  I was taking a supplement made with the herb thyme  My suggestion is do a stool test to check for yeast/parasites.  The form of treatment depends on if you have them and what kind.  After the test is done, and before the test come back, enjoy some Thyme tea.

I also have seen somewhat melted capsules come through at times.  Often they were still full of white powder.

Dee

#7 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

Overall, if you have a bowel change that lasts for more than a few days, you should go see your doctor.  Taking a picture will definitely help the doctor know what you are talking about.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8 Waitingindreams

Waitingindreams

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:25 AM

Thanks guys! I agree about the photo, but I've been bringing my phone into the bathroom and I haven't seen it! It's like it's camera shy. Arruuggh. I plan on mentioning it to him regardless, even if it doesn't happen again. 

#9 KCG91

KCG91

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:27 AM

I think a photo could save yourself and the Dr the embarrassment of describing it verbally! If it gets over the camera-shyness ;) It sounds a little like the mucus I noticed before diagnosis which I think signifies fat malabsorption? Doesn't make much sense if you've been gluten-free since July? 

Katie

Diagnosed with Coeliac and severe anaemia in September 2013

Gluten free 11/10/13

#10 Waitingindreams

Waitingindreams

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:16 AM

I'd love to get a photo of it! URRGH! It's very difficult to explain, and I looked up photos to try to see if I found anything that looked similar, but nothing matched what I saw. And now that I'm trying to take a photo of it, it's stopped. -_- Of course! 

Could I still have malabsorption if I am eating other foods that I have an intolerance to, besides gluten? I am currently doing elimination diets to try to pinpoint trigger foods..for example I found that yeast and beans are both issues..and I am trying to avoid soy and corn as well. I might even have a legume issue, but I don't want to give up my hummus! One thing at a time. 

I do believe soy and yeast were both huge triggers, so is it possible that my issues (assuming it is malabsorption) are now caused by other foods, and not gluten?

Also, if it were something like that - would I see this in the toilet all the time? I've only seen it maybe 3 times total, and it was just in this past few days. I haven't seen it since yesterday morning. Very, very strange..

#11 Waitingindreams

Waitingindreams

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

WHOA! KCG91 - you might have hit the nail on the head! I googled 'fat malabsorption' and came up with the name "steatorrhea"..and then did a google image search. Not going to post an image here (Sorry Irishheart - LOL) but the very first image that comes up closely resembles what I was seeing in the toilet! That is the first photo I saw that even remotely looks like what I was seeing. Okay, so I will definitely mention all of that to my doctor next week. Now I'm just concerned why I am just now, after nearly a year gluten free, seeing this kind of reaction. I'm wondering/hoping it was from the soy (I was increasing my intake of soy for awhile - eating a lot of Sabra hummus, Progresso Lentil soup, and brown/wild minute rice - all contain soy.) I'll take it as a good sign if/when it stops for good, so far it hasn't come back...yikes! I wonder if it's related to my gall bladder? I do have gall stones...

Time to start keeping a food diary!

#12 Waitingindreams

Waitingindreams

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

I got a photo of it! (No, I won't post it - lol. Though I guess anyone that's curious/might be able to help me figure it out can PM me to see it.) but I feel better knowing that I actually got it on camera. What a relief. :)

#13 mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

I can't eat cheese and I can't absorb a lot of fats, frys, red meats, processed gluten-free stuff. Sends me to the bathroom. Maybe you should lay off anything fatty and see it it goes away.

#14 NatureChick

NatureChick

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

I used to get this occasionally. The first few times I saw it it was a little freaky and I worried. But then I realized that I could trace it back directly to a food that I had eaten - ice cream. 

That makes perfect sense considering that before going gluten-free, my body's ability to digest food was pretty minimal. But it also happened a few times months after going gluten-free when my digestion had returned to normal. Again, it seemed to be directly related to eating ice cream. (Granted, this was all so long ago that I can't really remember if other dairy products also seemed to cause it, but I don't think so.)

I don't seem to have problems with dairy in any other forms, but I also quit eating ice cream entirely because I finally admitted to myself that the ice creams available to me are not gluten-free due to cross contamination and I gave up on them entirely. 

I would definitely keep track of the foods that you are eating to see if you can trace it back to a source. Sorry that I don't know if it was the lactose or the gluten that was the problem.

#15 KCG91

KCG91

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

Glad it helped you! Mine cleared up very quickly after going gluten-free so I'm afraid that's as much as I can help ;) let me know what the Dr says though, I'd be interested to hear (God that sounds weird/gross, haha!)

Katie

Diagnosed with Coeliac and severe anaemia in September 2013

Gluten free 11/10/13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: