Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Still Have Syptoms.. Why?

11 posts in this topic

Hey

I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice..i've been diagnosed with celiacs disease about a year ago..and it was fine for a while and my symptoms cleared up and now when i eat it hurts sometimes when i eat and i have to take immodium every two to three days...cos i get diarrhea...and i am 100% not eating gluten, i got new saucepans...and cutlery and i dont share the kitchen, and i even change dmy cereak to gluten free..so i really dont no why i still get diarrhea! its like i know that every two to three days i will get diarrhea and i am a student and it is really stopping me doing things...any suggestions?!? please! its so disspointing...and it smaking me quite sad cos the syptoms shud have stopped by now!!

but thankyou any suggestiosn wud be good!

xxxx

Ads by Google:

Have you changed products like makeups, shampoos, soaps, lotions, perfumes, hairpsprays, etc?

Are you eating out a lot? I get sick a lot from "gluten free" items at restaurants bc of cross-contamination.

Hey :) thanks for your reply

No to both, i make sure i don't eat out at all, and products are exactly the same, i even checked the ingredients to check. Its weird how the symptoms came back, the doctor did blood tests but couldn't find anything, hum maybe it will get better

: /

could you have a food allergy? Maybe dairy or corn or eggs or one of the other major problem foods. Then you'd only get diarrhea on days when you ate that food.

Debbie

could you have a food allergy? Maybe dairy or corn or eggs or one of the other major problem foods. Then you'd only get diarrhea on days when you ate that food.

Debbie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HUm i don't no...i eat gluten free conrflakes and they seem fine, and i don't really eat eggs..well not by themselves cos they dont seem to be good for me :lol:

i think mayeb it is chocolate..maybe you could tell me if these ingradiants are gluten free becuase i am so sure htye are but nmayeb i am totally wrong..but i think when i eat chcolate it makes it worse... :blink:

Milk chocolate with whole hazlenuts..milk, sugar, hazlenuts, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, emulsifier (soya lecithin), salt, flavorings (vanilla, vanillin)

are they gluten-free?? hum...mayeb it is some type of food..but i tried eating just rice and peppers for a few days and the syptoms continued.. ;)

thankyou for replying to my message :)

HUm i don't no...i eat gluten free conrflakes and they seem fine, and i don't really eat eggs..well not by themselves cos they dont seem to be good for me  :lol:

i think mayeb it is chocolate..maybe you could tell me if these ingradiants are gluten free becuase i am so sure htye are but nmayeb i am totally wrong..but i think when i eat chcolate it makes it worse... :blink:

Milk chocolate with whole hazlenuts..milk, sugar, hazlenuts, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, emulsifier (soya lecithin), salt, flavorings (vanilla, vanillin)

are they gluten-free?? hum...mayeb it is some type of food..but i tried eating just rice and peppers for a few days and the syptoms continued.. ;)

thankyou for replying to my message  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

casein has a molecular structure very similar to gluten,I think you must eleminate all diary product as well,it normally helps a lot.

if you think it might be chocolate...some can not tolerate it well. i am one of those... my other thoughts were also have you switched food, meds, products or eaten at a friends house recently? any new stress in your life? other food intolerances are also a possiblity. you could keep a food journal and try and track symptoms and see if they correlate to a specific food or ingredient too. i have done that--it has helped me find out foods i can not tolerate.

thankyou for replying to my message  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to call the company that makes the chocolate to check out if the vanilla is gluten-free or if the lines may be contaminated.

You mentioned eating rice and peppers and the symptoms continued. Here is what I discovered recently, don't know if it will apply to you but... Before being gluten-free I ate very little rice, after diagnosis it became a staple at every meal. I continued to have some problems, mostly DH and bloat, after reading Dangerous Grains a light went off and I radically cut my rice intake. After a real short time my DH started to heal and I became bloat free. You may want to try being rice free for a while to see if it helps. For myself I can have a sandwich with tapioca/rice bread with no problems but if I eat the actual grain I get problems. Don't know if this will help but....

i eat gluten free conrflakes and they seem fine

What brand of cornflakes do you eat because I know Kelloggs are not gluten free so if it's that brand you would be getting gluten.

What brand of chocolate do you eat?

You need to call the company that makes the chocolate to check out if the vanilla is gluten-free or if the lines may be contaminated.

You mentioned eating rice and peppers and the symptoms continued.  Here is what I discovered recently, don't know if it will apply to you but... Before being gluten-free I ate very little rice, after diagnosis it became a staple at every meal. I continued to have some problems, mostly DH and bloat,  after reading Dangerous Grains a light went off and I radically cut my rice intake. After a real short time my DH started to heal and I became bloat free.  You may want to try being rice free for a while to see if it helps. For myself I can have a sandwich with tapioca/rice bread with no problems but if I eat the actual grain I get problems. Don't know if this will help but....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is a good idea to cut rice, I like to do this,but what do you eat instead for rice and bread?