3 replies to this topic

#1 Wi11ow

Wi11ow

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

I've been eating carrot stick, celery, peapods, hummus, chicken, bananas, and chicken, since this started....

This may not be the right place to post , but I just found nirvana!!!

A BODACIOUS Gluten free short bread cookie at Winco, Lady at front of store was so helpful and sent me there. I was so excited (don't eat cookies, etc) I went back to show her... she was soooo happy for me. The brand is Seattle Shortbread!

and

a frozen dinner Michael Angelos Chicken and Mushroom Risotto frozen dinner. OMG YUM!!

of course, I am not suppose to have cheese and will proly pay for this, but tonight, it is worth it. I gave up sooo much- no Gluten, soy, dairy, eggs....

wow this is so good if you haven't tried it!!! and my house smells so good I am drooling!!! <G<

So forget the sugar!

TELL ME your favorite recipes with mushrooms, onions, ground turkey/chicken, zucchini, corn, whatever you love! I love most veggies and most fruits. Like meats I can get at groc store...

I LOVE mexican, stir fry, soup, stews, crock pot,  one pan add it all in....

i can find subs for what i need to avoid, although soy is a big problem....

Love to hear it, thanks!

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" ~ George Bernard Shaw

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

I like to make pasta with mushrooms, zuchinni, and sometimes yellow squash sauteed, tossed with a little cooked pasta and Parmesan cheese.  I will reserve the pasta water and add a little in to make a little sauce.  Sometimes I add meat in the form of cooked ground turkey, cut up chicken, or italian sausage.

I also like to sautee cubed sweet potato with kale and add in grilled chicken chunks.  Really good.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 lpellegr

lpellegr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:43 AM

Here's a site full of good crockpot recipes, all gluten-free.  http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

#4 Wi11ow

Wi11ow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

LauraTX - that sounds good. I usually cook the whole bag of chicken at once and freeze it - have to try your recipe...

Ipellegr - Thank you for the link! I've already book marked several recipes to try. I love the ease of throwing it all in the pot and having it be done later!

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" ~ George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: