This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Share Your Fav Late Night Snacks!

Christina.V

Christina.V Apprentice

I'm finding that I'm fine throughout the day, but nightime snacks are hard for me! I keep craving cookies and cakes. Last night I grabbed an apple and put some nutella on it but it didn't quite hit the spot.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

When I feel like I want something late at night but I know it's not a good idea to have a sugary something or other because then I would be wired like a 2 year old,  I have a handful of Snyder's G F pretzels.

I have been known to dip them ( just a tad)  in peanut butter.  ^_^ and maybe have a cup of decaf tea with it.

For me, that takes away the salt and sweet craving. (of course, a giant bowl of sea salt caramel gelato would be awesomely better, but my thighs

don't need that right now) 

Waitingindreams Enthusiast

I recently got addicted to a brand of crackers called "Mary's gone crackers" - all of the varieties are gluten free, vegan and nut free (apart from coconut) and 2 of the varieties (Super Seed and Jalapeno) are soy free as well. I found them at my Stop & Shop! I snack on the 'Super Seed' a lot. It goes great with hummus. I also slice up some Lisanatti almond cheese (lactose free, but not vegan) and eat that with it.

Lundberg rice cakes with sunflower butter (or peanut butter if you can have it - or nutella!) 

Frozen berries along with Paleo macaroons (kind of tastes like a makeshift strawberry short cake!)

Any gluten free potato chips - I like Deep River. I grab the single serving bags. Also good with hummus.

Food for life gluten free tortillas (made with brown rice) are great for wraps or a quesadilla. 

So Delicious brand coconut milk (or almond milk) ice cream.  They have 'no sugar added' varieties available.

LauraTX Rising Star

Snyder's gluten-free pretzels, popcorn, rice cakes, or pecan nut thins with peanut butter are some of my favorite late night snacks.

Adalaide Mentor

I'm a huge fan of Snyder's pretzels, although they're not something I always keep in the house... or I'd be as big as a house.  :lol:  Probably because I have no self control and love to bake, which is what I generally snack on late at night. Or, I sort of ate an entire Costco sized box of Glutino oreos in a week. :ph34r: Mostly though, I bake things to snack on. I can control what goes in them that way, and the sizes by making things like mini muffins instead of regular ones. Or smaller sized cookies. Or I freeze cookies in baggies in what I deem "appropriate" portion sizes. If my husband ever drags himself out of bed from his nap, we're supposed to be making cookies together this afternoon. I haven't decided yet if I want double chocolate or oatmeal with cherry flavored chips. Or maybe I just need to make two batches. ^_^

Adalaide Mentor

Also, now that it's summer I'll buy grapes every time they're a good price and keep frozen grapes in my freezer. I also got a huge box of philly swirl brand (something like that) chocolate covered fruit pops last week at Costco. They're banana, coconut, mango and strawberry and I'll pawn off the flavors that I'm not supposed to have on my husband. They're a small size and just right for snacks and perfect for my sweet tooth.

Christina.V Apprentice

These sound SO GOOD! We took a trip to whole foods last night and found WAY too many yummy goodies and stocked up. The creme brulee, chocolate pot de creme, and coconut macaroons are probably my top three favorites. Everything in moderation of course. Fortunately 1/2 of the small creme brulees is plenty for me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GottaSki Mentor

I was always a salty snack late at night gal.

With limited options -- I now eat crunchy almond butter with a touch of honey or agave along with a good dose of coarse grind sea salt :)

Nikki2777 Community Regular

Roasted chickpeas with a little olive oil and salt or curry powder on them.  Make sure they're as dry as you can get them before roasting.

sweetsailing Apprentice

Eating some now...dark chocolate covered almonds.  Yummm

Archived