Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

Rice Polish

4 posts in this topic

First, let me say I did a search of the boards for rice polish and nothing came back. A lot of other post regarding rice came back, but no rice polish.

I'm new, got my flours for baking me some goodies. My ener-g white rice flour box has some recipes that I would like to make, but they call for rice polish. What is that exactly? Can you substitute something else for rice polish? It seems to have a lot of fat in it.

Any special easy recipes for gluten-free blueberry muffins(hopefully low in fat) ? I'm missing my low fat blueberry muffins for breakfast.

Have a great day!

Christine :lol:

Ads by Google:

Ingredients: Rice polish is the meal taken off the brown rice in order to make white rice.

I hope this helps. I had never heard of it before your post. I found this listed as a product sold online at

God bless,

Don't know how you feel about mixes but my favorite for super easy muffins is the gluten free pantry muffin and scone mix. (at www.gluten You can get a cookbook (not sure if they sell it or it comes with the muffins, but I have one from somewhere) of all the different add ins and such and in what proportions. It is super versatile and can make corn, fruit (including morning glory ones with all sorts of yummy fruits and nuts and stuff piled in - my favorite), and even peanut butter chocolate chip (my mom's favorite). Some of the recipes in the book even have low fat versions.

Best wishes,

I needed Rice polish for a cookie recipe & found it @ SS

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Ok, that was my understanding of it too after some reading, but the fact that the result was under "celiac reflex panel" is what confused me.    I do have some unspecified autoimmune activity going on in my body. My inflammation levels are very high, my complement testing has come back off, and nobody really knows why. A total high Iga isn't a surprise in this case if it doesn't actually hab anything to do with gluten. Going gluten free made my inflammation markers rise rather than go down, so I'm inclined to believe I'm mostly okay with gluten, aside from some digestive issues that I believe are simply from the wheat not being fermented. Sourdough causes me no issue,  but soft white bread destroys me for example. Anyways, It's all very confusing and I wish I knew what the heck was going on with my body. 
    • maybe check exactly which blood tests you had done as well if the dermatologist doesn't know much about celiac its possible they didn't run enough
    • i think chips would vary from place to place depending on the ingredients where you go
    • Hey Everyone! Been celiac for 6 years, and it's my first time on a forum.  I assume my story is the same as most of yours: I was really sick and skinny and bloated, got diagnosed with celiac, went gluten-free and felt amazing, then slowly, but surely, the symptoms and elevated antibodies returned, no matter how OCD I am about avoiding cc. Basically I have what they call Non-Responsive Celiac disease.  I'm wondering, is there something ELSE that I can do? Clearly the gluten-free diet isn't enough anymore. I know I'm not alone in this experience. And I know doctors don't have any advice besides the gluten-free diet (and the new celiac drug that is apparently in phase III)). But do you guys know of any other tricks?  I went on anti-anxiety SSRIs for a bit to help with my anxiety problems, and that really helped my celiac. But now that I've sort of developed a tolerance to my low dose, the symptoms have returned. Anyone else try this? Or low doses or steroids/anti-inflammatory drugs?  I'm really sick of feeling sick. I even tried the Fasano (Gluten Contamination Elimination Diet) for 3 months, but it didn't really work. Any suggestions or tips would be much appreciated! Or even the names of doctors who have helped you!  
    • 60% of celiacs with dh test negative on the celiac blood work. Fact. Many people with DH have no digestive symptoms and only about 40% of them have the positive blood tests (serology) for celiac disease.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member