3 replies to this topic

#1 nthei

nthei

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 05:40 PM

First, let me say I did a search of the boards for rice polish and nothing came back. A lot of other post regarding rice came back, but no rice polish.

I'm new, got my flours for baking me some goodies. My ener-g white rice flour box has some recipes that I would like to make, but they call for rice polish. What is that exactly? Can you substitute something else for rice polish? It seems to have a lot of fat in it.

Any special easy recipes for gluten-free blueberry muffins(hopefully low in fat) ? I'm missing my low fat blueberry muffins for breakfast.

Have a great day!
Christine :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 09:17 PM

ENER-G PURE RICE POLISH
Ingredients: Rice polish is the meal taken off the brown rice in order to make white rice.

I hope this helps. I had never heard of it before your post. I found this listed as a product sold online at http://www.liv-n-well.com

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#3 hsd1203

hsd1203

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 01:26 PM

Christine,

Don't know how you feel about mixes but my favorite for super easy muffins is the gluten free pantry muffin and scone mix. (at www.gluten free.com). You can get a cookbook (not sure if they sell it or it comes with the muffins, but I have one from somewhere) of all the different add ins and such and in what proportions. It is super versatile and can make corn, fruit (including morning glory ones with all sorts of yummy fruits and nuts and stuff piled in - my favorite), and even peanut butter chocolate chip (my mom's favorite). Some of the recipes in the book even have low fat versions.

Best wishes,
Heather

#4 shels

shels

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:37 PM

I needed Rice polish for a cookie recipe & found it @ ener-g.com. SS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users