Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Help? Biopsy Results?

3 posts in this topic

Had positive DGP IGG... 3.59IV positive is GT .90

Biopsy says
A. Duodenal mucosal biopsies with no significant microscopic abnormality. No diagnostic histology all features of celiac are appreciated.
B. Gastric antral and oxytocin mucosal biopsies showing chronic gastritis. Reactive foveolar hyperplasia is present. H. Pylori is negative

The material present is partly tangentially sectioned. The villous crypt ratio is about 3.5. There are intraepithelial lymphocytes but they don't seem to be significantly increased in most of the villi. There are inflammatory cells in the lamina propria including plasma cells and lymphocytes with an occasional germinal center. They are normal to slightly increased in number. No histologically diagnostic features of celiac are appreciated

Opinions anyone??? I'm confused see. Lymphocytic gastritis can be associated with celiac plus my positive blood test!! Ahh maybe I'll just give up the gluten and see how I feel

Ads by Google:

Yep! You might be in the early stages of celiac disease. Try the diet to see if you resolve your symptoms. Stick to it for at least six months.

Check out the newbie section under coping for tips and.......welcome!

The DGP IgG test is one of the most specific tests for celiac in the world. It's specificity is 99-100%. It doesn't get any better than that when it comes to labs tests.  See page 12 of this report for more info: http://www.worldgastroenterology.org/assets/export/userfiles/2012_Celiac%20Disease_long_FINAL.pd

I agree with cyclinglady, you are probably in the earlier stages of celiac disease (meaning in the first few years and not your second decade of the disease ;) ) and the doctors missed biopsying the damage - not that uncommon.

I hope you do well with the gluten-free diet!