3 replies to this topic

#1 Wi11ow

Wi11ow

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:59 PM

I had no idea now powerful tahini paste was. I found a paste today to make hummus tomorrow. Opened it tonight. Yucked!! There is a reason the recipe says 2 cans chick peas 2 tbs  tahini.... just saying...

if you have good recipe, love to hear it. I have been eating every day. Don't have info - no oil!!

welcome all recipes.... no soybean oil though.... no dairy.. TY

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" ~ George Bernard Shaw

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kenlove

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

do you mean the tahini spoiled or you just didnt like it?   You can try  less -- cut with a little lemon juice.  Alos try  almond peanut butter instead of the tahini.

I had no idea now powerful tahini paste was. I found a paste today to make hummus tomorrow. Opened it tonight. Yucked!! There is a reason the recipe says 2 cans chick peas 2 tbs  tahini.... just saying...

if you have good recipe, love to hear it. I have been eating every day. Don't have info - no oil!!

welcome all recipes.... no soybean oil though.... no dairy.. TY

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Wi11ow

Wi11ow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

That's a good question. I've never bought it before. But I'm pretty sure it's just a lot stronger than I thought it would be.  It looked like peanut butter, so I put a big finger full in my mouth! lol I know... but it did smell good!

On the other hand, my hummus turned out fair. Going to have to play with the recipe. I think I'll roast the garlic next time. And use more lemon juice. On another post, I was asking for advice for food processors so I am looking forward to making peanut and almond butter! That sounds really good.

Thanks!

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" ~ George Bernard Shaw

#4 kenlove

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

you just need a tiny bit of tahini to get flavor and effect.   We make hummus weekly  and play with recipes all the time. 

No substitute for  vitamix --  its expensive but you'll never need another blender/processor

good luck

That's a good question. I've never bought it before. But I'm pretty sure it's just a lot stronger than I thought it would be.  It looked like peanut butter, so I put a big finger full in my mouth! lol I know... but it did smell good!

On the other hand, my hummus turned out fair. Going to have to play with the recipe. I think I'll roast the garlic next time. And use more lemon juice. On another post, I was asking for advice for food processors so I am looking forward to making peanut and almond butter! That sounds really good.

Thanks!

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: