2 replies to this topic

#1 klwood74

klwood74

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

Last week I was suffering from some DH breakouts and hives (new makeup issue).  I went into my local Wallgreen's and decided to pick-up some new gluten free lotion to try.  I sampled Dove Cream Oil (extra dry skin/advanced formula) on my itchy arms and hands in the store.  I laughed to myself thinking, "I'm either going to feel a little better or a whole lot worse in about 30 minutes."

I liked the way the lotion felt on my skin and decided to purchase it.  I noticed on my drive home that I was no longer itching on my hands as I had all morning long.  I waited a few hours and my hands felt soft and calm.  I decided to go for the gusto and apply it to my whole body.  Same result.  My DH on my stomach, back, legs, and shoulders were no longer driving me insane.

I had a peaceful nights sleep for once!!!  So, I have been religiously this cream to my body for the past few days.  I actually feel normal.  WOW.  I forgot what that was like.

I am pleased to announce that my skin is calm.  No new breakouts.  My DH spots are healing & I have a new sense of hope that I can experience some relief!!!

It is very early on, but I really wanted to share this good news.  I know how miserable this itching can be and if this helps anyone else I will be so pleased.

Thank you.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 SoLacey

SoLacey

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

Hmmm, that's interesting.  I may have to pick some up.  My daughter should try that.  She has rashes / dry skin all over her arms and legs that I'm starting to wonder if it isn't DH.  For my DH, I sometimes put preparation H on it which actually numbs it and helps with the itching. 

#3 klwood74

klwood74

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

Hmmm, that's interesting.  I may have to pick some up.  My daughter should try that.  She has rashes / dry skin all over her arms and legs that I'm starting to wonder if it isn't DH.  For my DH, I sometimes put preparation H on it which actually numbs it and helps with the itching.

It's no cure for sure, but my skin now is soft, it calms my itching within a few minutes, and I swear my reactions are left frequent. Good luck. I will have to try prep h too. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: