• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

Bumble261

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

I've been off of gluten for 4 weeks now bc I thought it might have been the cause of my migraines. I'm on several meds and still have 3-4 migraines a months that last a few days.
May 1st I started Phase 1of Atkins Diet & I have never felt better. This is unbelievable. I'm not a huge meat fan. I prefer beans, etc, so last night I thought smoked oysters might be a nice change. The label said "smoked oysters, salt, cottonseed oil". This morning and all day, I've had a severe headache, queasy, itchy eyes, general malaise...

Everything else I've eaten has been the same for the past month. How do I know if there is gluten in the oysters? I basically KNOW IT but how could I have prevented this? I feel so bad. The label didn't say it.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,591 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

In most countries, ingredients must be labelled. None of those ingredients are gluten.

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gluten, headache, nausea, smoked oysters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: