12 replies to this topic

#1 beth01

beth01

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

Does anyone else find it funny that there is an Ad by google for frosted mini wheats that  is constantly on this site?

Diagnosed at age 37 after a lifetime of symptoms and other diseases: migraines, joint pain, muscle aches, nerve pain, IBS, chronic constipation, chronic ear infections/strep throat, weight fluctuations ( most weight lost >150 pounds), acid reflux, stomach pain, nausea/vomiting, inactive gallbladder, stool impacted appendix, multiple miscarriages, premature births, depression, anxiety, OCD, arthritis of the spine, Grave's disease(treated with radioactive iodine)- hypothyroid, multiple drug and environmental allergies, numbness in the hands and feet, possible multiple TIA's, brain fog, dyslexia, extreme thirst, bouts of insomnia rotated by extreme fatigue, multiple vitamin deficiencies, chronic UTI's and vaginal infections, Fibromyalgia, and I'm sure there are more I am forgetting.

Diagnosed April 7th, 2014 by EGD and tTg IgA.  Marsh IIIb and 35.7 respectively, Starting what seems to be a very long recovery process.

11 year old daughter diagnosed a month later by a tTg IgA of >100 and a positive EMA.  Nine year old son has since tested negative, only had tTg IgA drawn,  Will have a full panel drawn in two years unless symptoms present. 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,843 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

The google ads change by what you look at. If we mention pizza a bunch..... We might get a Pizza Hut ad. Right now I have liposuction - maybe because I have been commenting on the poster getting weight loss surgery.

When we were talking about dating, a dubious site about dating popped up. If it's really inappropriate, you can PM Scott with the link and he might be able to block it.

Let's see.....

Pizza

Pizza
Pizza

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

5 out of 4 people struggle with math.

math-problem-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 beth01

beth01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

lol. I want to say penis over and over again but I won't.

Diagnosed at age 37 after a lifetime of symptoms and other diseases: migraines, joint pain, muscle aches, nerve pain, IBS, chronic constipation, chronic ear infections/strep throat, weight fluctuations ( most weight lost >150 pounds), acid reflux, stomach pain, nausea/vomiting, inactive gallbladder, stool impacted appendix, multiple miscarriages, premature births, depression, anxiety, OCD, arthritis of the spine, Grave's disease(treated with radioactive iodine)- hypothyroid, multiple drug and environmental allergies, numbness in the hands and feet, possible multiple TIA's, brain fog, dyslexia, extreme thirst, bouts of insomnia rotated by extreme fatigue, multiple vitamin deficiencies, chronic UTI's and vaginal infections, Fibromyalgia, and I'm sure there are more I am forgetting.

Diagnosed April 7th, 2014 by EGD and tTg IgA.  Marsh IIIb and 35.7 respectively, Starting what seems to be a very long recovery process.

11 year old daughter diagnosed a month later by a tTg IgA of >100 and a positive EMA.  Nine year old son has since tested negative, only had tTg IgA drawn,  Will have a full panel drawn in two years unless symptoms present. 

#4 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

lol. I want to say penis over and over again but I won't.

as if!!  and that was your 69th post LOLOLZ  :D

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:19 AM

Snow

Snow

Snow

;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#6 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

Snow

Snow

Snow

;)

ya never know how much you're gonna get or how long it's gonna last ;)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

#7 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

ya never know how much you're gonna get or how long it's gonna last ;)

But wouldn't mind seeing ads for ski resorts pop up on my feed ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#8 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

Mmmmm pizza.... I see dominos ads quite frequently. 

Who hates seeing food ads on TV?  Right now there is a commercial running for On the Border for their taco special and it has a guy saying "Taco! Taco! Taco Taco Taco Taco Taco Taco Taco Taco......" with pictures of delicious tacos, LOL.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

#9 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,843 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:45 AM

Mmmmm pizza.... I see dominos ads quite frequently. 

Who hates seeing food ads on TV?  Right now there is a commercial running for On the Border for their taco special and it has a guy saying "Taco! Taco! Taco Taco Taco Taco Taco Taco Taco Taco......" with pictures of delicious tacos, LOL.

The thing is - those tacos are not that delicious in real life.

LTES

#10 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:49 AM

The thing is - those tacos are not that delicious in real life.

Haha, yes!  I ate there once or twice back in the day and in a place like Texas with good mexican food everywhere, it is subpar.  And now I know the secrets to making my own delicious tacos... I am going to spoil myself to death!

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

#11 beth01

beth01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

now I want a taco.

#12 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,843 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

now I want a taco.

Make some and tell us about them on the What's for Dinner thread!  Tacos.... yum....

LTES

#13 gerbilgirl

gerbilgirl

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

How ironic!