Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Gluten Free Beer/ale

beer ale omission barley

• Please log in to reply

16 replies to this topic

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

I gave up on all beer once I was gluten-free. I do, however, love the hard ciders out there! They're naturally gluten-free and taste delicious! Don't be fooled by Redd's apple ale-it's a beer. I should have picked up on 'ale'. My favorite is Woodchuck pear cider. I also like Michelob's Light Cider when I want to watch my calories. Just another option to have!

I checked with Redd's apple Ale and got this response Jan-2015.  They do make a couple of gluten-free ciders, but the Redd's line is not gluten-free.

Thank you for contacting MillerCoors.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us Paul. Unfortunately, our Redd's line is not gluten free. However, we do have our Crispin Cider Line and Smith and Forge Cider that are gluten free.

Thanks again for contacting MillerCoors.

Sincerely,

MillerCoors Consumer Affairs Department
Ref: Case#N22134909

BNektar zombie killer cyser is supposed to be gluten-free also. It's a mead, not beer.

http://www.ratebeer....-killer/141980/

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

Celiac.com Sponsor:

mbrookes

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:04 PM

This topic is near and dear to my heart. Pre-diagnosis, I was a real "beer snob". Now I find that Red Bridge is the only safe beer available where I live. It is in the grocery store and my neighborhood bar (our version of Cheers) keeps it for me. I love being able to go in and have a beer, even if it is not as good as what I used to drink. Part of being gluten free is accepting that some things are just not going to be what you remember. I have been gluten-free for 7 years now, so I really don't remember what a lot of stuff tasted like. Give it time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: