This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Rapid Test Stick 4 Cd

mommida

mommida Enthusiast

WOW! York Nutritional Laboratories has introduced a finger-stick rapid test kit designed to detect the antibodies associated with Celiac AND gluten intolerance.

Open Original Shared Link Read the article released today!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Celiac Disease, that nagging health disorder....LOL! -- The advertisement is kinda weird, ya know....

Has this gizmo been tested yet??

Carriefaith Enthusiast

wow! that's great :)

Claire Collaborator
WOW!  York Nutritional Laboratories has introduced a finger-stick rapid test kit designed to detect the antibodies associated with Celiac AND gluten intolerance.

Open Original Shared Link Read the article released today!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HELP. Am I missing something? This links goes to the page that hasn't been updated since June.

The test they are talking about isn't new. I am confused. Claire

YNL Newbie
HELP. Am  I missing something? This links goes to the page that hasn't been updated since June.

The test they are talking about isn't new.  I am confused.  Claire

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Claire:

Our new and improved finger-stick screening for Celiac Disease, known as the cdSCAN, was announced on November 1, 2005. It screens IgA, IgG and IgM against human Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) and IgA against gliadin. It is also a rapid test, which means the specimen is not sent to our facility for analysis - you have the results available to you in about 10 minutes from when you first collect your specimen.

Our original cdSCAN, which was introduced back in 2002, only screened IgA against human Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) and required that the specimen was sent to our facility for analysis.

You can learn more about our latest finger-stick screening for celiac disease at www.yorkallergyusa.com or by viewing www.yorkallergyusa.com/cdscan.pdf.

Sincerely,

John Kernohan, Director

York Nutritional Laboratories

Claire Collaborator
Hi Claire:

You can learn more about our latest finger-stick screening for celiac disease at www.yorkallergyusa.com or by viewing www.yorkallergyusa.com/cdscan.pdf.

Sincerely,

John Kernohan, Director

York Nutritional Laboratories

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks much. Claire

jajus100 Apprentice

This sounds fantastic. I went to the website, but I didn't see a cost associated with it. Since it doesn't need to be analyzed by a lab, I assume it won't be that costly. Does anyone know?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VydorScope Proficient

Way cool! If this is an at home test and the rpice is right I'll order it tommorrow! :o

mommida Enthusiast

Hey sorry I dropped the ball on providing enough information. Got a little hectic around here. Thank you Claire for posting more thorough information.

Laura

VydorScope Proficient

Foud this on thier site...

Within 10 minutes in the comfort and privacy of one's home or a doctor's office, the  cdSCAN IgA/IgG/IgM Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) Autoantibody Rapid Test will detect elevated levels of the antibodies associated with Celiac Disease and gluten intolerance.

Pirce is $99 INCLUDING SHIPPING. Strongly considering this.

VydorScope Proficient

I just called thier 1-800 number, and got a real live person. That makes me feel a bit better about ordering. This just has the "too good to be true" sound to it, but I am tempted to try it anyways.

FaithInScienceToo Contributor

YIPPEE!

York Labs rocks!

VydorScope Proficient
YIPPEE!

York Labs rocks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you ahve epxerence with them?

Do you have epxerence with them?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes.

I did their full food panel finger prick test.

I may now use this stick test to keep track of my antibodies, between doc visits.

Gina

VydorScope Proficient
Yes.

I did their stool test and their genetic test (cheek swab).

I may now use this stick test to keep track of my antibodies, between doc visits.

Gina

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hrrrrrmmm I might order this test later today. If its postive then I dont have to wait till the 21st to go gluten-free. :)

Hrrrrrmmm I might order this test later today. If its postive then I dont have to wait till the 21st to go gluten-free. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OOPS - I confuse York and Enterolab -

I tested with both -

I did the full food panel finger prick tests with York....Enterolab was for the other tests I mentioned...I will go back and edit my last post....

ANYWAY, Yes..I used York....

Gina

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately, you won't get the test results that quickly...

You may want to just keep your doc appt, and your money ;-)

Gina

VydorScope Proficient
Unfortunately, you won't get the test results that quickly...

You may want to just keep your doc appt, and your money ;-)

Gina

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well they said 2-5days to ship, then I would say prbly 2-4days to reach me( USPS from Florida). so that could be alot sooner then I could reach the doc, adn I am not sure I can get insurance to cover the re-test.

mommida Enthusiast

"THe kit can be utilized in either the comfort of one's own home or at a doctor's office, and the results are available in approximately 10 minutes.

cdScan is able to analyze a tiny sample of whole blood, serum or plasma for IgA/IgG/IgM antibodies against human Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) and IgA antibodies against gliadin.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I wish I could do this test but I've been gluten-free for too long...otherwise I'd be first in line. It sounds cool...hope its accurate. :)

VydorScope Proficient

OKAY I give up! I ordered it. I will let y'all know if/when it comes and what its like.

jajus100 Apprentice
OKAY I give up! I ordered it. I will let y'all know if/when it comes and what its like.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I ordered it too, just a few hours ago!

Well they said 2-5days to ship, then I would say prbly 2-4days to reach me( USPS from Florida). so that could be alot sooner then I could reach the doc, adn I am not sure I can get insurance to cover the re-test.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry...I don't know where my mind was this afternoon when I was writing to you...not only did I confuse York and Enterolab, but I totally forgot that this test gives results in 10 mins!

About a 're-test'....I'm not sure what you mean...I guess you mean that you are worried that IF you test positive, that your insurance won't allow you to re-test in 6 months time (which is the normal protocol)...

If that is the case, you should use your insurance for your initial testing, and then, if the insurance won't cover re-testing in 6 months (which it should), you can order this then, since it's best to not pay for a test if you can get it via your doc/insurance.

BUT...there are some people who do NOT want their health insurers to know that they have celiac disease...I guess because it can effect qualifying for future insurance, etc...

Anyway...SORRY, again, for my ADD-goofs!

Gina

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL...oops. again...I didn't read the whole thread before posting my last post to you....so, you ordered it! Good for you!

Glad that you will have your results SOON :-)

Gina

VydorScope Proficient
Sorry...I don't know where my mind was this afternoon when I was writing to you...not only did I confuse York and Enterolab, but I totally forgot that this test gives results in 10 mins!

About a 're-test'....I'm not sure what you mean...I guess you mean that you are worried that IF you test positive, that your insurance won't allow you to re-test in 6 months time (which is the normal protocol)...

If that is the case, you should use your insurance for your initial testing, and then, if the insurance won't cover re-testing in 6 months (which it should), you can order this then, since it's best to not pay for a test if you can get it via your doc/insurance.

BUT...there are some people who do NOT want their health insurers to know that they have celiac disease...I guess because it can effect qualifying for future insurance, etc...

Anyway...SORRY, again, for my ADD-goofs!

Gina

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RE: The Retest.

I tested once, and got a negative result, but I was mostly gluten-free at the time, and all that jaz. After getting the neg result, I add some gluen in my diet agian (occasional pizza, roll, etc) and each time got sick, tested for food alergies all neg etc blah blah blah, so doing a glutnen challenge all and all that blah blah blah.

:D

But my doc on maternity leave till the 21st, and I figure this way when she comes back I will either have eliminated or confirmed celiac disease.

Archived