This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Rapid Test Stick 4 Cd

mommida

FaithInScienceToo Contributor
RE: The Retest.

I tested once, and got a negative result, but I was mostly gluten-free at the time, and all that jaz. After getting the neg result, I add some gluen in my diet agian (occasional pizza, roll, etc) and each time got sick, tested for food alergies all neg etc blah blah blah, so doing a glutnen challenge all and all that blah blah blah.

:D

But my doc on maternity leave till the 21st, and I figure this way when she comes back I will either have eliminated or confirmed celiac disease.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah...I see...I hope that you'll get the results you are hoping for...

It's great that there is a BLOOD test we can do at home, though!

I may use it myself, in-between doc appts...

Best wishes,

Gina

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

e&j0304 Enthusiast

How exciting! You have to let us know how it turned out for you. I would love to have my DH tested. He has so many celiac symptoms and is still eating gluten. My dd tested pos. through enterolab although she has gluten sensitive genes, not celiac.

I am eager to hear if you like this method and what the results were!

Nevadan Contributor
Do you ahve epxerence with them?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used York Labs for their 96 Food IgG ELISA Panel recently. After getting my results, I had some questions about their testing and have sent them two emails and have yet to get a reply. Their website states that the testing includes one year of phone or EMAIL support - maybe it takes a year to get an answer. Also after placing my order and having my credit card charged I never got any kind of order confirmation and it took about a month just to receive the collection kit, then another month to get results. During these delays I emailed asking the status of my order and never got a reply. I'm not a phone person (I like to see my answers in writing), so if they actually don't do email they should not give an email address and list email as an option. Not very professional in my book.

In constrast, I have also used Enterolab and have gotten answers my questions via email within 48 hrs.

To all who have ordered the York test, please post your experience with York. I might be interested in additional testing but would like to hear of some good experiences first.

George

Rusla Enthusiast
Hrrrrrmmm I might order this test later today. If its postive then I dont have to wait till the 21st to go gluten-free. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did they say if this test is done like strips like diabetics use? I would think it would be similar to a home pregnancy test.

VydorScope Proficient
Did they say if this test is done like strips like diabetics use?  I would think it would be similar to a home pregnancy test.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did not ask, but soon I will know! :) I'll post a full review once I get and take.

VydorScope Proficient

Hmm Did not get my test yet, called htem up and they are back ordered. They siad they had only been selling 10 or 12 a week of the old test, but the new test blew out thier entire stock of 300 tests in the first week, and I was appeartnly order number #305.

Their suplpier (in spain) told them "early next week" sooooo if you plan to order you should know that. :(

Another week of this for me I guess! :o

JKJ Newbie

I have not received my test kit either -- Nor have I received an answer from YORK Lab on two different e-mail inquiry;s of mine - - getting scary - - I do notice however that my credit card was already charged. They need to learn that cards should NOT be charged until product is shipped!!! That is how other internet sales work.

JKJ

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Nevadan Contributor

As I have mentioned in other posts here, my experience with York was very disappointing. My ELISA kit was delayed over two weeks because it was backordered - sound familiar? They also charged my credit card the day I placed the order even though they did not ship the kit for over two weeks. Also I've tried emailing them three times with questions about my test results and have yet to get a reply.

I wish it were different, but ....

Caveat emptor!

George

cornbread Explorer

York took over a month to get my results to me. Now I've got them, the jury is still out on whether I think they are accurate... Cut out the food they said I reacted to and am waiting to see if I feel any different.

VydorScope Proficient

I am not concerned. They already offered to refund my money, I told them I would wait. Call them you self if your concerned, I have called on 2 occasions and got a live person both times. John is the fellow I talked with this time. I only use Credit Cards for these kinds of things, because my bank will refund my money with one call and bounce the charge back on the merchant. they have done it from me in the past. There is no risk to me to place this order. If it takes to long evuntaully my doc will be back from maternity leave and I will get the test through her.

Its a no lose propostion for me, and if the test is for real, y'all will get the beinifit of my order. :D

Nevadan Contributor
York took over a month to get my results to me.  Now I've got them, the jury is still out on whether I think they are accurate...  Cut out the food they said I reacted to and am waiting to see if I feel any different.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I've cut out the additional food items (beyond gluten & casein) that showed up on my York ELISA test but so far have not been able to detect any symptom related to these. At least the test did flag the gluten and casein related foods for which I do have symptoms.

Please post again after you've tried eliminating your items, even if you don't find any related symptoms. Maybe if enough people post their test results and findings, positive and negative, we'll all better understand the meaning of these tests.

George

jajus100 Apprentice

I was also charged on the day I ordered. I have not yet received the kit.

I wrote an email, but I never received a response from it. I called, and I got a "live person" who was very well informed about the product and testing. I think the bottom line, is this company is very poor at answering emails.

I am still waiting for my test kit.

Diane

Jenn2005 Contributor

My husband did testing thru Entrolabs and it went very smoothly. We rec'd the test kit by regular mail in about 4 days from placing the order. Returned it overnight mail with the DHL currier service that picks it up at your door. The instruction sheet said it would take about 3 weeks to get the results back and at 1 week and 5 days I sent an email to them checking on the status and rec'd a reply the next morning (friday) from Phylis who said Dr. Fine had the results and was working on the interpration and we should have the results on Sunday. Sure enough Sunday morning before 9:00 am we had the results by email. They also sent us an email that they had rec'd our order and it was shipped out on a certain date. We were very happy with the service we rec'd. It wasn't as quick as what York Labs is offering but the service was great.

Jennifer

cornbread Explorer
Please post again after you've tried eliminating your items, even if you don't find any related symptoms.  Maybe if enough people post their test results and findings, positive and negative,  we'll all better understand the meaning of these tests.

George

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Certainly will George. One full week so far so a little early to tell, but I did have a persistant rash on my back which started clearing up this week. Not sure yet whether to attribute that to being egg-free or just a coincidence. I'm going to stay egg-free for a full month and then eat them again for a week and see if anything happens.

Also another coincidence? I made chicken two days ago in the pan that I used to cook my breakfast eggs in, and about 45 mins later I was violently ill. Diarrhea, sweating all over (my t-shirt was soaked), shaking, incredibly pale and dizzy... After that 'attack' was over, I was completely fine. I'm having a problem attributing this to the egg pan though because less than a week previously I had eaten 2 or 3 every day and had no problem at all. Surely cutting them out for 5 days then reintroducing via a little cross-contamination wouldn't have such a dramatic effect? :unsure:

JKJ Newbie
As I have mentioned in other posts here, my experience with York was very disappointing.  My ELISA kit was delayed over two weeks because it was backordered - sound familiar?  They also charged my credit card the day I placed the order even though they did not ship the kit for over two weeks.  Also I've tried emailing them three times with questions about my test results and have yet to get a reply.

I wish it were different, but ....

Caveat emptor!

George

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After no answers by e-mails - I tried calling York Lab today to cancel my order for the finger stick gliandin test . But went thru the "menu" - - and then was told to leave my phone number and they would call me back. Well I can't wait for a phone call. I am rather annoyed. My first e-mail to them was to ask if I had to be glutened to take the finger stick test. I've been gluten-free since September 23rd - - and it stopped my intestinal problem of 6 weeks duration. Do I really need to know more than that anyway? :)

Oh - and I want to add my thanks for this message board. I have learned so much through it!

JKJ

VydorScope Proficient

I think the problem is poor organization on thier part. When I called it took them 5 or 7 mins to pull my order up. And a while long to figure out what happened to it. That fits with some of the descriptions others here give. JMO :)

Claire Collaborator
After no answers by e-mails - I tried calling York Lab today to cancel my order for the finger stick gliandin test . But went thru the "menu" - - and then was told to leave my phone number and they would call me back. Well I can't wait for a phone call. I am rather annoyed. My first e-mail to them was to ask if I had to be glutened to take the finger stick test. I've been gluten-free since September 23rd - - and it stopped my intestinal problem of 6 weeks duration. Do I really need to know more than that anyway?  :)

Oh - and I want to add my thanks for this message board. I have learned so much through it!

JKJ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gluten free for roughly six weeks is likely to reduce the chances of an accurate test. You probably still have antibodies but the number would already be considerably reduced. Claire

VydorScope Proficient

Welp... tommorow I finaly see my doc, unless for some reason they wont do the test I will be canceling my York Labs order tommorow night. I only ordered the York test to save me a week or 2 of gluten... Tommorow I get blood test, then I go gluten-free and wait on the results, though I am already fairly convinced.

Ah well... was good thought at least....

mommida Enthusiast

Sorry this test option didn't work out for you, Vincent. Let's hope that testing will get better for the undiagnosed Celiacs out there.

Laura

Guest barbara3675

Copied off the background notes as they do explain, in a nutshell, what celiac disease is all about if you are trying to explain it to anyone.

Archived