Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Newbie Needing Advice For Hurricane Season

9 posts in this topic

Greetings,

While I am new here, I am also new to having Celiac's and I do have a lot of questions but they will come in time as well. However after recently being dx'd at the start of the Atlantic hurricane season, I am needing help getting things ready incase we get hit this year in Louisiana. To complicate things a little more for myself I am also a vegan and planning a gluten free and vegan friendly  food stash for incase of a hurricane feels overwhelming so any suggestions is highly  appreciated.

Thank you,

Serielda

Ads by Google:

Welcome to the forum!  I sent you a private message with a few names of sites that have stuff just like this.  One of them has been banned from this site and would have been removed.

If you are a newbie I would read the newbie 101 thread and read up about cross contamination.  You could also search vegan on here because I have read that a few on here are strictly vegan.

I hope you have luck finding what you need.

Im not too helpful other than listing the obvious things. I'd keep cans of fruit, veggies, and beans. You can stock up different nuts or make your own trail mix and store it. You can possibly find some gluten-free crackers and protein bars that are vegan, also. Those are the things I'll go for if a storm hits the gulf.

I think Go Picnic has a few vegan options, too. 

If it makes you feel better, this is my first hurricane season, too...just moved to Florida last fall, so I am working on my

own "disaster go-to bag"...as well as the cat's.lol

Jules wrote an article about this

http://blogs.prevention.com/living-well-gluten-free/2013/04/12/best-new-gluten-free-products-for-2013-part-ii-dairy-free-vegan-products/

some of these may be vegan

http://www.thesimplybar.com/

she has some ideas too

http://www.theglutenfreevegan.com/tag/snacks/

Welcome to the forum!  I sent you a private message with a few names of sites that have stuff just like this.  One of them has been banned from this site and would have been removed.

If you are a newbie I would read the newbie 101 thread and read up about cross contamination.  You could also search vegan on here because I have read that a few on here are strictly vegan.

I hope you have luck finding what you need.

Actually, the whole message would not have been removed, just so you know.You could list your ideas here so other vegans could read it too.

It would just say something like this:

(website removed banned from forum) but the content of your message would remain.

Sometimes when I link to a ma zon, it says that.message...so I type it like that...a ma zon. Just a suggestion.  ;)

(they are banned BTW because they spammed the forum.)

I'm pretty new to this as well, I have discovered Larabars, the ones without chocolate chips are vegan according to their website, I like to get these when they are on sale for $1 each and keep them in. Some have more sugar then others, but they are great in an emergency!

also kind bars are good! not sure about vegan though

http://www.gopicnic.com/GoPicnic-Meals_2/Vegan

Go picnic has some that are vegan & gluten-free.  You can get them lots of places -even Target & Walmart.  Also, look at what they have in them to give you ideas of things you could get.

Whatever you get, you will want to remember to rotate them out and eat them before they go bad.  I speak from experience here!

They make little squeeze packs of all kinds of deliciousness.  And the dark chocolate PB cups look to be vegan.

http://justins.com/our-products/#candy

Edited by kareng

Shelf stable jars of hummus are a good option. Canned beans, canned vegan/gluten-free chili, dried fruits, nuts, etc. are all good choices as well.