#1 Serielda

Serielda

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

Greetings,

While I am new here, I am also new to having Celiac's and I do have a lot of questions but they will come in time as well. However after recently being dx'd at the start of the Atlantic hurricane season, I am needing help getting things ready incase we get hit this year in Louisiana. To complicate things a little more for myself I am also a vegan and planning a gluten free and vegan friendly  food stash for incase of a hurricane feels overwhelming so any suggestions is highly  appreciated.

Thank you,

Serielda

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 beth01

beth01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

Welcome to the forum!  I sent you a private message with a few names of sites that have stuff just like this.  One of them has been banned from this site and would have been removed.

If you are a newbie I would read the newbie 101 thread and read up about cross contamination.  You could also search vegan on here because I have read that a few on here are strictly vegan.

I hope you have luck finding what you need.

Diagnosed April 7th 2014

#3 CajunChic

CajunChic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

Im not too helpful other than listing the obvious things. I'd keep cans of fruit, veggies, and beans. You can stock up different nuts or make your own trail mix and store it. You can possibly find some gluten-free crackers and protein bars that are vegan, also. Those are the things I'll go for if a storm hits the gulf.

"Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul."
3 John 1:2

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:33 AM

I think Go Picnic has a few vegan options, too. 

If it makes you feel better, this is my first hurricane season, too...just moved to Florida last fall, so I am working on my

own "disaster go-to bag"...as well as the cat's.lol

Jules wrote an article about this

http://blogs.prevent...vegan-products/

some of these may be vegan

http://www.thesimplybar.com/

she has some ideas too

http://www.thegluten...com/tag/snacks/

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:35 AM

Welcome to the forum!  I sent you a private message with a few names of sites that have stuff just like this.  One of them has been banned from this site and would have been removed.

If you are a newbie I would read the newbie 101 thread and read up about cross contamination.  You could also search vegan on here because I have read that a few on here are strictly vegan.

I hope you have luck finding what you need.

Actually, the whole message would not have been removed, just so you know.You could list your ideas here so other vegans could read it too.

It would just say something like this:

(website removed banned from forum) but the content of your message would remain.

Sometimes when I link to a ma zon, it says that.message...so I type it like that...a ma zon. Just a suggestion.  ;)

(they are banned BTW because they spammed the forum.)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6 janiney08

janiney08

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

I'm pretty new to this as well, I have discovered Larabars, the ones without chocolate chips are vegan according to their website, I like to get these when they are on sale for $1 each and keep them in. Some have more sugar then others, but they are great in an emergency!

#7 janiney08

janiney08

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

also kind bars are good! not sure about vegan though

#8 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,314 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

http://www.gopicnic....c-Meals_2/Vegan

Go picnic has some that are vegan & gluten-free.  You can get them lots of places -even Target & Walmart.  Also, look at what they have in them to give you ideas of things you could get.

Whatever you get, you will want to remember to rotate them out and eat them before they go bad.  I speak from experience here!

They make little squeeze packs of all kinds of deliciousness.  And the dark chocolate PB cups look to be vegan.

http://justins.com/our-products/#candy

Edited by kareng, 19 June 2014 - 06:53 AM.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#9 BlessedMommy

BlessedMommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

Shelf stable jars of hummus are a good option. Canned beans, canned vegan/gluten-free chili, dried fruits, nuts, etc. are all good choices as well. 

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: