8 replies to this topic

#1 Serielda

Serielda

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

Ok, While I do not wear make up a lot, mostly in the past just didn't feel like fooling with it, however on occasion when I want to look nice, I will put some on.  With that said, with what little dab of  goodies I had , it wound up in the garbage.  Some requirements I do have for new make up brands is 1) It must be gluten-free, 2) vegetarian friendly. If anyone knows of a good brand that would helpful. This brings me to another question related, but don't see a need to make a separate post. In the past I was a huge fan of Aveda, I loved their products but upon inquiring the salon told me while they are plant based, they do often contain gluten, and wasn't the most helpful on which ones did not. The receptionist did state there was a couple but didn't know which they was. That for me isn't really good enough, so I am on a mission to find a new hair salon in the New orleans area, or in Baton Rouge that does offer gluten-free hair care and uses them during hair cuts. 

As always thank you for the help,

Serielda

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 MichLab

MichLab

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

Ok, While I do not wear make up a lot, mostly in the past just didn't feel like fooling with it, however on occasion when I want to look nice, I will put some on.  With that said, with what little dab of  goodies I had , it wound up in the garbage.  Some requirements I do have for new make up brands is 1) It must be gluten-free, 2) vegetarian friendly. If anyone knows of a good brand that would helpful. This brings me to another question related, but don't see a need to make a separate post. In the past I was a huge fan of Aveda, I loved their products but upon inquiring the salon told me while they are plant based, they do often contain gluten, and wasn't the most helpful on which ones did not. The receptionist did state there was a couple but didn't know which they was. That for me isn't really good enough, so I am on a mission to find a new hair salon in the New orleans area, or in Baton Rouge that does offer gluten-free hair care and uses them during hair cuts. 

As always thank you for the help,

Serielda

Try these sites: www.pacificaperfume.com, www.100percentpure.com, and www.gabrielcosmeticsinc.com 

I have used all of them. The customer service is very helpful.  All are good companies with good products.

#3 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

I don't worry about what the salon uses.  It doesn't get in mouth.  At home, I worry about it a little more, because I seem to get shampoo in my mouth.

If the make-up won't go in your mouth, it should be fine.  Lipstick - needs to be gluten-free.  Mascara - not a big deal

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#4 SoLacey

SoLacey

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

I felt noticeably better after switching to gluten free makeup. I use Zuzu Luxe. They are wonderful products. You can get it online at http://www.gabrielco....cfm?category=3 or I get mine at Whole Foods.

#5 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

i use physicians formula.  they're gluten free, but i don't know if they're vegetarian or not.  my skin has always been sensitive, nothing to do with gluten, but some 'regular' foundations or tinted moisturizers will make my face break out in a rash  :o  also, i can't do fragrances, blah, blah - sometimes i can't believe God made me a girl.  who smells like tea tree and coconuts............ :mellow:

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 mbr22m

mbr22m

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:21 AM

I use afterglow makeup. It's certified gluten free and vegan.http://www.afterglow...n-cosmetics.asp
I also use keeki chapstick, which is gluten-free and vegan
http://www.keekipureandsimple.com
For shampoo, try Andalou naturals, which is also gluten-free and vegan. I order from vitacost online. Not sure about salons.
Honeybee Gardens is good too. I order from Abe's Market online.

#7 mbr22m

mbr22m

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:23 AM

Oh and Red Apple Lipstick is great and certified gluten-free, but a little pricey...

#8 Celiac_xox

Celiac_xox

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:37 AM

Silk Naturals has gluten free lip products! They have a pretty wide selection! Are there any drug store brands that are gluten free? Like Revlon, Covergirl, Rimmel etc? :rolleyes:

#9 SoLacey

SoLacey

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:13 AM

The only drug store lines that I've been able to find that seemed to be gluten free were Wet n Wild and Physicians Formula.  You'd have to search to be sure nothing has changed etc.  When I looked, it looked like they only product Wet n Wild sold that had gluten in it was their Mega Plump mascara.  I do use their lip glosses. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: