1 reply to this topic

#1 Theeva

Theeva

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:18 AM

I've just started gluten free, I've had 2 or 3 negative antibody tests for coeliacs throughout my life but thats what everyone keeps coming back to. I can't get a biopsy done due to a bleeding disorder so I'm just going that this is what i have. And I feel like somethings up. I mean I've had around 5 days without gluten now and my body has just gone mental. 

Firstly i lost 1.5kg (from water weight) then i started to get massive migraines where i couldn't get out of bed, I'm completely exhausted all the time, always thirsty, my throat hurts like i have a cold and I'm feeling so generally run down. but my stomach feels great.

Did anybody else experience a reaction like this?  A nurse i talked to suggested that it could be my intestines finally dealing with the large amount of inflammatory cytokines floating around in my gut and that it's sent me kind of toxic. Which i guess does make sense....

Did anybody else experience this? how long till you started feeling better?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

There is a withdrawal period, but it is different for everyone. Mine was a couple weeks. But I had periods of feeling good then bam I'd feel bad again. I didn't realize it was withdrawals at that time. I hope you feel better soon. 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: