Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Chex Gluten Free Oatmeal!

23 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

I have  heard  about  this  but not in my  neck of the  woods  yet!  I do know  other  areas  already have   it....

I have  heard  about  this  but not in my  neck of the  woods  yet!  I do know  other  areas  already have   it....

I am wondering how the price compares to other gluten-free oats.

That is great news. The Glutenfreeda is pricey. I usually just get BRM, but if these are in one serving packs, it would be very helpful

for travel. Thank for posting this, K!  :)

I just looked and a ma zon has it already. 

I heard this was coming out a while back... I wonder what the price point and scope of availability is going to be.  I currently pay about a dollar per pouch for Bakery on Main oatmeal (6 count packets box) and I really like it.  

Hi! Chex oatmeal was on sale two weeks ago in Pathmark. Price 2 for $5. On A ma zon they are asking $13,?? for one. It is a big different. It's better to buy them in regular grocery store.  

i picked up some of the plain yesterday.  i can't remember what the price was, so it must have been not that expensive.  they had it at the kroger beside the 'regular' instant oatmeal in the cereal aisle.  i hope i can eat it (trying it again.  it's been another year since i tried oats)

(hi, simona!  :)  )

Hi! Chex oatmeal was on sale two weeks ago in Pathmark. Price 2 for $5. On A ma zon they are asking $13,?? for one. It is a big different. It's better to buy them in regular grocery store.  

I did not look at the price, i just saw they were there...but you are right, that is a lot for oatmeal.  :D Apparently people are willing to pay for it, as they have already sold out! 

are they using gluten free oats?

Yes.  Its gluten free oats

I can't remember the price I paid.  (sale and an instant coupon)

I like the glutenfreeda more.  Probably because I have been eating that brand for ?? years.

I found it today at Smith's which is a Kroger brand store. On sale for $3! It ended up in the cart so fast I think I made my husband's head spin. :lol: He's like "zomg $3 for 6 packs of oatmeal!" :blink: And I was like "you have NO IDEA how cheap that is." Since he knows what's good for him he shut up and kept walking. :P

I just bought some at Meijer and do not remember the price either. But really liked it a lot. :)

i tried (the plain) kind in the big bag yesterday and i am so happy so far - no digestive issues, no headache, no rib thingy - if i am still good tomorrow, i gots me a new favorite oatmeal (OATMEALLLLL!!!  yeh!)

I saw this in my Walmart today. All they have was maple and brown sugar. We are excited to try it though!

I got a 6 pack to try, figuring the packets would be good to have for travel.. 2 plain, 2 cinnamon and 2 maple something or other......hubs liked it, but I thought the flavored ones were very sweet. IMHO 

question for those who have had this and are very sensitive. did you react at all? I just saw it today and it's about half the price of what I usually get which is Eco Planet. that box says certified gluten-free and the Chex oatmeal just says gluten-free.

Thanks in advance

I can hardly wait until I can have oatmeal again.  I miss that for breakfast.  

I bought the maple flavor and finally tried it.  I was kind of surprised that it was only 12 grams of sugar for how sweeeeeet it is.  But it's fantastic.  I bought it when it was so new that Dillons didn't even have a price sticker out.  I just knew I wanted it!  (And then didn't eat it, of course.)

question for those who have had this and are very sensitive. did you react at all? I just saw it today and it's about half the price of what I usually get which is Eco Planet. that box says certified gluten-free and the Chex oatmeal just says gluten-free.

Thanks in advance

i can't eat 'other' oatmeal (even certified gluten-free :(  )  so, i had about given up on having it anymore.  buuuuuuttt, i can eat this stuff, for whatever reason.  i'm going to try 'other' oatmeal again but for now, this is my oatmeal go-to :)  yay!!

The brown sugar is very sweet, too sweet for me, about 30 mins after eating it I had bad stomach cramps but they passed after 10 mins or so. I have used the plain packets in recipes and had mild discomfort I may have just developed an issue with oats though. I haven't eaten them but a handful of times since the diet change. I can't try the cinnamon because I am allergic. 

I've had them (the cinnamon one) and have had no issues. The brown sugar one sounded rather sweet to me though.