17 replies to this topic

#16 across

across

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

I don't have a response like that to gluten, but I used to get a weird heart response to caffeine. Every so often, it felt like my heart would kind of pause and then it felt like it was flopping over in my chest (I know...weird description!). I'd have maybe 8 regular beats and then one weird one like that.

My doc told me that caffeine causes irregular heartbeats in some people. She suggested I get off it, and when I did, the problem went away.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 kenlove

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

good point. Im always surprised at how many times i see newspaper stories on coffee being good for the heart. Research must be  funded by Hills Brothers (^_^). Ive been off all caffeine for almost 5 years.

I don't have a response like that to gluten, but I used to get a weird heart response to caffeine. Every so often, it felt like my heart would kind of pause and then it felt like it was flopping over in my chest (I know...weird description!). I'd have maybe 8 regular beats and then one weird one like that.

My doc told me that caffeine causes irregular heartbeats in some people. She suggested I get off it, and when I did, the problem went away.

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#18 kenlove

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

wondered if anyone would catch  that --  I think thats the point they were trying to make. Its not so cut and dry like math

Sorry to point this out to you Ken, but your doctors don't know math either! lol That's a 150%.  That made my day.  There's three different kinds of people in the world, the ones that know math and the ones that don't.

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: